10 Delicious Chicken Curry Recipes
Indian food is made up of beautiful mix of spices and herbs. In this article, we share with you 10 popular Indian chicken recipes.
Tender pieces of chicken mixed in a tasty gravy. It gives you an enticing aroma that cannot be ignored. Chicken curry is a favourite dish of everyone. Its a perfect dish for Indian party.
Curry is a Tamil word for sauce. The dish has its origins in the old Indus civilization. Since then it has spread to all parts of the world. Everyone knows that people of Britain love the ‘curry’. Chicken tikka masala is one of the most popular meal in England.
The curry can be of different flavors as you walk across different countries. Indian curries are very versatile as each state has a different version. If you go to Northern and Eastern India, you will be served with a delicious curry filled with garam masala and different spices. If you move to west, you will find flavors of cardamom, poppy seeds and khada masalas in the dishes. If you move South, you will find coconut flavor when you add coconut milk.
The mode of cooking differs according to the taste of locality. For example, ghee(butter) and vegetable oils are mainly used in North India and in the curries of the South, you will find flavor of coconut oil. Sesame and groundnut oil are used heavily in the curries of East and West.
Here are some of the great recipes:-
- Malwani Chicken Curry: This is a fiery curry with the base of coconut. The great thing about this curry is freshly made malvani masala.
Here’s the recipe: http://bit.ly/2gVibHw
2. Chicken Tikka Masala: This is one of the most ordered meal on the globe.
Here’s the recipe: http://bit.ly/2gVzyWt
3. Butter Chicken: Butter chicken is made by marinating the chicken, the whole night. The chicken is roasted, then cooked with masalas, cream and tomato puree.
Here’s the recipe: http://bit.ly/2gQiIaO
4. Murg Malaiwala: Chicken drumsticks are immersed in saffron, milk, cream, mild spices and rose petals.
Here’s the recipe: http://bit.ly/2gD9jFW
5. Kadhai Chicken: This recipe is filled with flavors including sweet, sour and spicy. The chicken is marinated with tamarind, bell peppers, lemon, jaggery and spicy paste.
Here’s the recipe: http://bit.ly/2h2u62J
6. Razela Chicken: This is a popular Bengali curry that is rich and flavoured. This dish, which is prepared with boneless chicken, khoya, cashew nut paste is a great treat for you.
Here’s the recipe:
7. Sali Marghi: Sali Marghi is a Parsi dish in which chicken is mixed with tangy tomato gravy and the topping is done with strings of crisp and fried potato.
Here’s the recipe: http://bit.ly/2gDgdey
8. Chicken Do Pyaaza: The quantity of onions used in this recipe is double that of a regular curry. This is a Punjabi favourite and is filled with garam masala, kasoori methi, ginger-garlic, cream and spices. Onion is used to give it sweet flavor and the flavor is balanced with a number of spices.
Here’s the recipe: http://bit.ly/2gVDd6v
9. Chicken Xacuti: This is a great delicacy of Goa. This is a spicy curry and chicken pieces are put in it and flavours like cashews, coconut and white poppy seeds are given to it.
Here’s the recipe: http://bit.ly/2g878tm
10. Kolhapuri Chicken: This chicken curry is prepared with Kolhapuri masala and uses great flavours like peanut oil, black pepper, bay leaf and cloves.
Here’s the recipe: http://bit.ly/2fZHsfo