10 Iftar Party Recipes
This is the holiest month for the Islamic people. Each year, millions of Muslims across the world take part in a month long fasting, popularly known as roza. According to the traditions of Islam, roza is kept to develop self-restraint in oneself. A person who keeps roza starts his/her day with a lavish meal before dawn which is known as sehri or suhoor. After the sun rises, the Muslims keep the fast for the whole day. Later in the evening, they break their fast with a special meal called iftar.
The iftar meal needs to be very high in nutrient value so that the whole day of fasting can be compensated. Iftar meals are full of celebrations as many friends and families come together for dinner with tempting dishes. And keeping this in mind, we have collected 10 recipes that you can try at home.
- Mutton Rassa: This dish is known from Lucknow to Kolkata and is very popular with Muslims. This special dish is filled with gravy and mutton. Try the recipe: http://goo.gl/t8zHLL
- Dum Biryani: This main course dish is very popular. It is filled with layers of curd, spices and mutton. The dish is cooked over charcoal fire. Gosht ki dum biryani is a great Ramadan recipe. Here’s the recipe:http://goo.gl/ukOwdN
- Mango Kesar Kulfi: An iftar party is incomplete without dessert. Perfect for beating the summer heat, this mango kulfi combines the taste of crunchy pistachios with sweet mangoes. Here’s the recipe: http://goo.gl/f8N2vO
- Chicken Manglorean: This dish is delicious and spicy. The Manglorean chicken is a perfect recipe. The meat is spicy, tangy and fiery red with many spices put into it with ghee/butter. Here’s the recipe: http://goo.gl/YQRIn9
- Chicken Shammi Kebab: Minced, juicy pieces of chicken are mixed with chana dal and a lots of masalas and then it is formed into patties and then fried crispy. Here’s the recipe: http://goo.gl/SLuWXO
- Kapitan Chicken Curry: This curry is richer, thicker and drier as compared to other chicken curries. It is perfect for Ramadan iftar meal.Here’s the recipe:
- Hara Bhara Kebab: These are soft, tender and delicious. Hara Bhara Kebabs are a traditional dish of Ramadan. These delicious kebabs are made of spinach and dal and thus are very rich in iron, protein, minerals and vitamins. Here’s the recipe:http://goo.gl/ECnleW
- Kabuli Pulao: This is a classic rice dish that is prepared with crunchy peas. It is the national food of Afghanistan. Here’s the recipe: http://goo.gl/mbhr6Z
- Faalsa Sherbet: Faalsa Sherbet is a great drink. This seasonal drink is refreshing and rejuvenating. Here’s the recipe: http://goo.gl/fNkOZg
- Shahi Tukra: These are pieces of bread that are deep fried until they become golden brown and crisp. They are topped with rabdi and garnished with dry fruits and varq.