India is a very diverse land. The country has different cultures, traditions, ethnicity and flavours. In this article, we explore one of the most celebrated cuisine of country i.e. Rajasthan.
Rajasthan is the land of majestic forts, golden deserts and rich culture. It has always been thrilling to experience Rajasthan. Food is an essential component of describing any place. Food tells us about the topography and socio-historical culture of the place.
Rajasthan is mainly inhabited by Marawaris who are vegetarians. Pyaaz Kachori is one of the staple dish of this state. Rajasthan is greatly influenced by Rajput culture and thus its cuisine includes delicacies with fiery hot meat curries and desi desserts that are mouthwatering. The food here has a lot of ghee. If you are planning to visit the state, you must try pyaaz Kacori, Dal baati churma, Papad Ki Sabzi, Gatte Ki Sabzi. Those who want to try meat, they must try banjari gosht, safed maas and laal maas.
Sweets are also a very popular part of the cuisine. These include: Ghewar, Malpuas, Rasogullas and Mawa Kachori.
It is a feast for your taste buds to try Indian food. Indian food is very diverse. In India, food is of two types, South Indian and North Indian. It can further be categorised into sub-groups like Rajasthani, Punjabi, Gujarati, Sindhi, Chettinad, Mughali, Kashmiri, Bengali and Hyderabadi.
If you happen to visit any place in India, there are some dishes that you must try. In this article, we have collected most ordered dishes with their recipes:-
- Butter ChickenButter Chicken is best served with Kaali Daal and Naans. Here’s the recipe: http://bit.ly/2gQiIaO
- Tandoori ChickenTandoori Chicken is an easy to prepare dish. You can prepare it anytime you feel like eating it. Here’s the recipe: http://bit.ly/2qNgRv7
- Chicken Tikka MasalaThis delicious dish is prepared by marinating chicken pieces and then grilling them. Then they are added to thick and creamy gravy. Here’s the recipe: http://bit.ly/2qHuDPb
- Rogan JoshThis dish from Kashmir literally translates to ‘red lamb’. The colour of the dish is due to The red chillies that are used in the dish. Although, the name of the dish is fiery but the spiciness of the dish is reduced due to the cream added to it. Here’s the recipe: http://bit.ly/2qN6nvN
- Malai KoftaA vegetarian alternative of meatball, Malai Kofta goes well with Jeera Rice or Naans(tandoor-baked flatbreads). Here’s the recipe: http://bit.ly/2k7Wh2T
- Chole(Chickpea Curry)This delicious dish is best served hot with pooris or bhatooras. Here’s the recipe: http://bit.ly/2ijgL7d
- Palak PaneerThis delicious dish is mildly flavoured and very healthy. Here’s the recipe: http://bit.ly/2hXqMLk
- Kaali DaalKaali Daal, which is also known as Ma Ki Daal is very nutritious and delicious. Here’s the recipe: http://bit.ly/2rtJQVo
- ChaatThis is one of the most popular snack of North India. Different kinds of variations can be found. A popular alternative to regular dinner is a chaat party. Here’s the recipe: http://bit.ly/2rtq50o
- NaanThis is a popular Indian bread that is best served with popular dishes like Tandoori Chicken and Kebabs. Here’s the recipe: http://bit.ly/2rLrQ5y
Upma is a popular recipe of South India. It can be prepared fast and easily. No cooking experiences needed to cook this recipe. People who are new to cooking can easily prepare this dish. Different kinds of upma recipes are available. The most popular one is the one made with rava(sooji/wheat cream). But upma can be prepared with many ingredients like oats, bread, idli, oats, millets, broken rice, poha and tender jowar(hurda).
To make poha more nutritious, people add a number of vegetables like green peas, capsicum and carrots. Besides veggies, cashews and roasted peanuts can be added to it.
In this blog post, you will find many upma recipes.
- Rava UpmaThis is a traditional breakfast dish of south india. It is prepared from rava, which is also known as sooji(in hindi). Upma is best served with coconut chutney, lemon pickle or lemon slices. Here’s the recipe: http://bit.ly/2qdFVe9
- Tomato UpmaThis is a tasty and tangy recipe prepared with tomatoes and spices. The tangy tomatoes adds to the flavor of the recipes. Here’s the recipe: http://bit.ly/2puUECw
- Idli UpmaThis recipe can be made with leftover idlis. Using this recipe, you can make quick breakfast using leftover idlis. Some of the recipes that can be prepared are idli chaat, masala idli, idli fry and chilli idli. Here’s the recipe: http://bit.ly/2pIAws1
- Oats UpmaThis is an easy, delicious and healthy recipe of oats upma prepared with mixed veg and oats. Other oats recipes that you can try are oats uttapam, oats idli, oats chilla, oats dosa and oats khichdi. Here’s the recipe: http://bit.ly/2pIJQfW
- Bread UpmaThis is a quick, tasty and easy upma prepared with bread. Fresh bread slices or old bread can be used to prepare this upma. You can use any bread including brown, white, multigrain or whole wheat bread. Here’s the recipe: http://bit.ly/2pIxvIT
- Mtr Style Khara BhathThis is a delicious, soft and smooth dish. It is made of mixed vegetables. It is best served with coconut chutney and lemon wedges. It can also be a great recipe for your tiffin.
- Seviyan Upma RecipeSeviyan(Vermicelli) upma is a popular south indian recipe of upma. Seviyan are prepared from maida or wheat flour or rice flour. The seviyan made from rice flour or wheat flour are better than that of maida. Here’s the recipe: http://bit.ly/2pIhkeE
- Rice Sevai Upma RecipeThis is an easy to prepare upma recipe. It can be prepared with rice sevai or rice vermicelli. No need to add vegetables when short of time. To make the dish more healthy, you can add beans, cabbage, peas and carrot.
- Rice Rava UpmaThis recipe of upma is prepared with broken raw rice. Akki tari uppittu is another name for this dish. The meaning of akki-tari is broken rice. This dish is traditional, authentic, delicious and easy to prepare.
- Quinoa Upma RecipeThis is a very easy and quick recipe of veg quinoa upma. Quinoa is also known as a super food and is a good protein source. It is good for vegans and vegetarians alike. It is also rich in Phosphorus, Manganese and iron. Here’s the recipe: http://bit.ly/2pIJ1nJ
- Veg Seviyan Upma RecipeThis is a healthy breakfast dish prepared with rice seviyan(vermicelli), spice herbs and mix veggies. Here’s the recipe: http://bit.ly/2pIRGq4
- Microwave Upma RecipeThis upma can be prepared fast as compared to other traditional ways of cooking. Here’s the recipe: http://bit.ly/2pvhvxG
Paneer, which is also known as cottage cheese is regularly used in the Indian cuisine. It is a very good source of calcium and protein, especially for those who are vegetarians. It is best served in a spinach or butter gravy. It is also used in the preparation of bakes, snacks, curries and desserts. Besides this, it can also be used in combination with green peas, bell pepper, mushrooms, potatoes and green peas. In this article, we have collected 10 paneer recipes that you will love to have.
- Chilli Paneer: This is an Indo-Chinese dish that is very popular in the restaurants. This is a sweet, sour and hot tasting batter of fried Indian cottage cheese that is sauteed in a chilli garlic sauce. This dish can be prepared dry as well as in the form of gravy. Here’s the recipe: http://bit.ly/2pI8kqz
- Kadai Paneer: This is a delicious and easy to prepare dish made of ground spices known as kadai masala. It is best served with rice, naan or roti. Here’s the recipe: http://bit.ly/2pzWvo0
- Matar Paneer: This sis a simple curry made of paneer and green peas. Peas are usually available in the winter season and that is usually when this dish is made. Frozen peas can also be used to prepare this dish. Here’s the recipe: http://bit.ly/2p8495u
- Paneer Sandwich: This dish can be prepared with fresh vegetables and Indian cottage cheese that is put inside bread sandwich. It goes well with lunch or snack. Here’s the recipe: http://bit.ly/2p89oSX
- Paneer Bread Rolls: This is a perfect snack and is loved by kids. It can also be prepared as starter or snack in parties. They can be pan fried, shallow fried or baked. Here’s the recipe: http://bit.ly/2pA7sGf
- Paneer Cutlet: Paneer cutlets are nothing but tikkis prepared with crumpled cottage cheese. These are best served as snacks or in burgers. Here’s the recipe: http://bit.ly/2qurseo
- Paneer Makhani: This is a very popular dish of Punjab. Indian cottage cheese is mixed with cashew tomato gravy and cream is added on top. It is best served with naan, roti or rice. Here’s the recipe: http://bit.ly/2q0TFKe
- Paneer Butter Masala: This is a little different from Paneer Makhani. It is a very popular recipe. The cottage cheese is simmered in a gravy of tomato and onion. It is a very popular recipe. Here’s the recipe: http://bit.ly/2qHdO47
- Palak Paneer: In this recipe, the cottage cheese is added to spinach gravy. This dish can be prepared in a number of ways. Here’s the recipe: http://bit.ly/2hXqMLk
- Paneer Pulao: If you want to add protein to your regular pulao, then paneer pulao is a great combination. The cottage cheese added to this dish is rich, marinated and fried. Here’s the recipe: http://bit.ly/2q0Ycw0