In the month of Ramadan, the Muslims fast for full day. They break their fast in the evening with iftar. This meal needs to be special as it should be high in nutrition to balance the full day of fasting. Most iftar parties are a celebration. Families and friends gather around and have great time together. And that is why we have collected 10 recipes that you must try at home:-
- Mutton Rezala
This is one of the most popular recipes in Muslims. This dish is filled with mutton gravy soup and mutton. This is a very special Ramadan recipe.
- Gosht Ki Dum Biryani
Dum Biryani is one of the favourite main course recipe of iftar party. It is filled with layers of spice, curd and mutton.
- Malabar Moplah Kozhi Ada
This is a perfect and traditional snack for teatime. These are filled with chicken, beef or mutton.
- Mango Kesar Kulfi
Iftar meals are incomplete without desserts. The creamy mango kulfi combines taste of mangoes and pistachios.
- Manglorean Chicken Ghee Roast
If you feel like eating delicious and spicy food, then Manglorean chicken ghee roast is best for you. It is a fiery red, tangy and spicy meat with many spices added to it.
- Mini Samosas
Mini samosas are a very important part of iftar meals. These are deep fried and golden brown in colour. You can have these with chutney to add to the flavour.
- Kapitan Chicken Curry
This is a thicker, richer and drier version of chicken curry. It is perfect for Ramadan.
- Hara Bhara Kebab
This is a traditional dish of Ramadan. This vegetarian dish is soft, tender and very delicious. This is a perfect evening snack and is prepared with gram dal and spinach. It is high in minerals, vitamins, iron and protein.
Haleem is a popular dish of Ramadan. It is available in different tastes in various places during Ramadan. This dish is prepared using lentils, wheat and meat.
- Chicken Shawarma
This is a very popular recipe of Middle East. The chicken is baked in yoghurt marinade. It is rolled in pita bread and best served with tahini.
Summers are hot and we need something to make us feel good in hot temperatures. In this article, we have collected 10 recipes that are perfect for summers.
- KulfiKulfi is an Indian dessert which is very popular. In my childhood, I used to wait for kulfi wala, a vendor who sold kulfi. The guy carried a large earthen pot and sold kulfi going door to door.
- Mango Ice CreamEvery summer, I make this easy to prepare ice-cream. This is prepared with mangoes, cream, sugar and vanilla(optional). The markets are full of mangoes in summer season, so it is the right time to make this dessert.
- Dahi VadaDahi Vada is a popular dish in which lentil dumplings are dipped in creamy yogurt. The topping is done with sweet and spicy chutneys.
- Fruit CustardFruit custard is a great dessert. Besides fruit custard, gajar ka halwa, besan ladoo, rice kheer, rasgulla and jalebi are very popular desserts.
- Cold CoffeeMost people know how to make cold coffee. But here I am sharing a recipe that I like and is unique.
- Mango MousseMango Mousse is a very light drink. It is creamy, heavenly and has great aroma with yellow colour of mangoes.
- Eggless Banana Chocolate MousseThis is a creamy and smooth dessert. When you have unexpected guests at home and you are craving for chocolate, then this mousse would be perfect for you.
- Vanilla Ice CreamSummers are incomplete without ice cream. An ice-cream is something that we all enjoy. In this recipe, we use basic method for preparing vanilla ice cream.
- Mango Panna CottaMango Panna cotta is a smooth panna cotta prepared with mangoes.This italian dessert’s is a favorite at home. The Italian name “Panna Cotta” means “cooked cream”. It is a creamy soft pudding.
- LassiThis is another refreshing drink for summers. This is a very popular drink of North India and Punjab.
Lunch and dinner are our main course meals. Although, dinner can be kept light but breakfast and lunch should always be proper. In this article, I am sharing some main course recipes.
Both North Indian and South Indian recipes are included in this article.
- Chole: This is a Punjabi Chole masala recipe which is spicy, tasty and flavorful. Chole are perfect with naan, pooris, rotis and rice.
- Tiffin Sambar: This recipe of hotel style tiffin sambar goes well with medu vada, dosa and idli. There are many variations of sambar that you can try.
- Punjabi Kadhi: Kadhi Pakora is a popular recipe of North India. These are fried pakoras in a yogurt sauce that is creamy and sour. There are many variations of kadhi that are available in different regions of India.
- Paneer Makhani: Deliciously cooked cottage cheese in tomatoes and cream sauce. Light spice is added to it with little sweetness and tang.
- Chana Dal: This is a Punjabi style chana dal which is flavored with onions, spices and tomatoes. Dal is best served with rice/rotis. They are a staple food of North India.
- Kadai Mushroom: Mushrooms prepared in a spicy onion-tomato gravy. You must also try mushroom curry and Restaurant Style Kadai Mushroom.
- Gobi Masala: This is a delicious, creamy and light spicy gobi masala made in restaurant style. The same recipe can be prepared with different veggies. Some recipes similar to this include matar masala and capsicum masala. These go well with naan, rotis, tandoori rotis or rice.
- Veg Biryani in Pressure Cooker: This is a very easy recipe of veg biryani. No previous cooking of vegetables and rice are required. For an authentic dum cooked biryani, try this hyderabadi veg biryani. Some other popular recipes of rice are veg fried rice and veg pulao.
- Veg Sagu: A curry that is creamy, spicy and coconut based. It is prepared with mix veggies. This goes well with neer dosa, set dosa, parathas, pooris, chapatis etc. You must also try Kerala Style Veg Stew
- Paneer Masala: This is a delicious and rich paneer curry prepared with onion-tomato-cashew base. Some other popular paneer recipes include paneer butter masala and palak paneer.