In this article, you will find many summer recipes that include healthy smoothies.
- Grape Juice: This post will help you in making homemade grape juice that has many health benefits. It is prepared fresh and immediately consumed. It is very rich in antioxidants, vitamins, minerals etc. Here’s the recipe: http://bit.ly/2pFk4sG
- Dahi Vada: Dahi Vada are deep fried balls of lentil immersed in yogurt. They are topped with different chutneys and garnished with spicy powder. Dahi vada is sold as street food throughout India. Here’s the recipe: http://bit.ly/1Smfpnx
- Tomato Cucumber Sandwich: This is a quick sandwich that is prepared in 10 minutes. They are a filling breakfast for those days when cooking is not possible. What we need is tomatoes, cucumber, onion, mayonnaise and hung curd. You can also use your favorite herbs and spices. Here’s the recipe: http://bit.ly/2oAFtUI
- Rabri: Rabri is a traditional North Indian Sweet dish. It is made by condensing of sugar and full fat milk until the milk forms into 1/3rd of its original quantity. Here’s the recipe: http://bit.ly/2oN33zI
- Basundi: Basundi is an Indian sweet made by thickening of full fat milk, sugar and garnished with nuts. It is very popular in the state of Maharashtra, Karnataka and Gujarat. Rabri, made in North India is a dish similar to this. Here’s the recipe: http://bit.ly/2ppUV65
- Mint Ice cream: This is an egg less ice cream with fresh mint flavor and chocolate. It can be prepared with or without an ice cream maker. Here is the recipe: http://bit.ly/2ppOvUF
- Pista Ice Cream: This Pista ice cream can be made without ice cream maker. This is an easy egg less recipe made with pistachios. Here’s the recipe: http://bit.ly/2oDrj6U
- Chocolate Ice Cream: This is a very easy recipe to make chocolate ice cream. There are many ways ice cream can be made. This recipe does not has a custard base and does not need eggs. Here’s the recipe: http://bit.ly/2nRzv4H
- Apple Milkshake: This is one of the easiest milkshake recipe that can be made easily. Milkshakes are more favored at home.Here’s the recipe: http://bit.ly/2ppYVDr
- Watermelon Juice: This is one of the best thirst quenchers and can be instant remedy to sunstroke or heat. Here’s the recipe: http://bit.ly/2og4xz9
India is full of veggies, herbs and fruits. Many of these are uniquely found in particular region or area. Therefore, there is a special drink for each region of India. For eg. In Bihar, sattu(barley flour + roasted chickpea) are consumed in summers.
In Western and South India, coconuts are available easily and thus, summer heat is easily beaten with coconut water.
Here are some summer drinks made in homes of India:-
- Nimbu Pani(Indian Lemonade): The most consumed and cheapest drink of India, Nimbu Pani is the most common drink of India. You can make it more flavorful by adding mint juice, black salt, roasted cumin powder and black salt. You can make it sweet(shikanji) or consume a salty version of it. Here’s the recipe: http://bit.ly/2p0TyNZ
- Coconut Water: Fresh Coconut water is a blessing in disguise for those whom it is easily available. It is healthiest option for beating the heat of summer. Here’s the recipe of coconut water with Mango Lassi: http://bit.ly/2p18V98
- Jaljeera: This is a spicy Indian drink that is consumed as appetiser or drink. It is very famous North Indian drink. Here’s the recipe: http://bit.ly/2p2N7H0
- Sweet Lassi: This yogurt is a famous North Indian drink. You can either make it salty or sweet. It can be flavored with rose water, saffron and cardamom powder. Some other variations of lassi include mango lassi, fruit lassi, papaya lassi, salty lassi, strawberry lassi and masala lassi. Here’s the recipe: http://bit.ly/2o3bTWM
- Buttermilk(Chaas): Buttermilk is made with the help of yogurt. It is very popular in entire India. It can be flavoured with ginger, mint, curry leaves and cumin. Oil tempering can also be done with spices and herbs. Here’s the recipe: http://bit.ly/2ovd7NH
- Rooh Afza: This is a healthy syrup scented with sweet rose. It is made of vegetables, herbs, roots and fresh fruits. It can be added to kulfi, milk, ice cream and falooda. Here’s the recipe: http://bit.ly/2ommHQB
- Aam Ka Panna: It is prepared with mangoes. It helps in keeping the body cool and preventing it from heat stroke. Raw mangoes are a great source of iron and vitamin c. Here’s the recipe: http://bit.ly/2p13XZS
- Piyush: This is a popular beverage of Maharashtra and Gujarat. It is very creamy and smooth. Piyush is similar to lassi but is thicker, creamy and sweeter. Here’s the recipe: http://bit.ly/2pp5iq7
- Thandai: This traditional drink is very popular in North India. It is prepared with dry fruits, spices and seeds. Here’s the recipe: http://bit.ly/2pp5tBN
- Sattu: This is a healthy summer drink, prepared with roasted gram flour. This roasted black chickpea flour is also known as chane ka sattu. Here’s the recipe: http://bit.ly/2omsdD7
Summer is at our doorsteps. And it’s the season of cold drinks. We always like branded aerated cold-drinks that are easily available in the market. But, we Indians are becoming health conscious day by day. There are substitutes available for these regular cold drinks in the form of Indian drinks. We will discuss these special drinks in this article.
- Falooda:Falooda is a beverage that is very popular in India. It is made by mixing rose syrup, psyllium, vermicelli, tapioca pearls and gelatin with water/milk.
- Jal Jeera: Jaljeera is a fresh and delightful drink for summers. It is very delicious and helps in digestion and provides relief.
- Iced Tea: When summers are at the peak, then the best drink is iced tea. For flavoring, you can use cinnamon, cardamom, nutmeg, tulsi and nutmeg. Mango Juice, lemon, orange juice, pineapple juice can also be used for flavoring.
- Phalsa Sharbat: Durng scorching heat, Phalsa juice tastes great. It is very famous in UP. The size of Phalsa is half the size of jamun. It is very beneficial and the juice prepared with phalsa is delicious.
Phalsa Sharbat Recipe
- Aam Ka Panna: Aam ka panna is one of the best drink for scorching heat. The recipe can also be made with concentrated Mango.
Aam Ka Panna Recipe
- Khajoor(Dates) Shake: Khajoor shake is very nutritious and delicious. The shake contains proteins, sugar, vitamins, carbohydrates, minerals and proteins. It can be made with cold milk in summers and warm milk in winters. It protects you from cough and cold.
Khajoor Shake Recipe
- Gulab Sharbat: During extreme heat, Rose Sharbat can help in cooling mind and body.
Gulab Sharbat Recipe
- Musk Melon Milkshake: A seasonal fruit for summer, Musk melon juice is a great relief during hot weather. It may not be as popular as Mango shake but it tastes really good.
Photo Courtesy: Youtube
Musk Melon Milkshake Recipe
- Bel(Wood apple squash): There are different types of soft drinks available in the market but none is as good as the wood apple squash which can be made at home. If you drink it in the morning, you will not be affected by sunstroke.
Wood Apple Squash Recipe
- Watermelon Juice: Watermelon juice is a cooling drink for summers. It is very rich in anti-oxidants and is a good source of potassium. It is also good for diseases such as cardiovascular disease, diabetes and colon cancer.
Watermelon Juice Recipe