In the month of Ramadan, the Muslims fast for full day. They break their fast in the evening with iftar. This meal needs to be special as it should be high in nutrition to balance the full day of fasting. Most iftar parties are a celebration. Families and friends gather around and have great time together. And that is why we have collected 10 recipes that you must try at home:-
- Mutton Rezala
This is one of the most popular recipes in Muslims. This dish is filled with mutton gravy soup and mutton. This is a very special Ramadan recipe.
- Gosht Ki Dum Biryani
Dum Biryani is one of the favourite main course recipe of iftar party. It is filled with layers of spice, curd and mutton.
- Malabar Moplah Kozhi Ada
This is a perfect and traditional snack for teatime. These are filled with chicken, beef or mutton.
- Mango Kesar Kulfi
Iftar meals are incomplete without desserts. The creamy mango kulfi combines taste of mangoes and pistachios.
- Manglorean Chicken Ghee Roast
If you feel like eating delicious and spicy food, then Manglorean chicken ghee roast is best for you. It is a fiery red, tangy and spicy meat with many spices added to it.
- Mini Samosas
Mini samosas are a very important part of iftar meals. These are deep fried and golden brown in colour. You can have these with chutney to add to the flavour.
- Kapitan Chicken Curry
This is a thicker, richer and drier version of chicken curry. It is perfect for Ramadan.
- Hara Bhara Kebab
This is a traditional dish of Ramadan. This vegetarian dish is soft, tender and very delicious. This is a perfect evening snack and is prepared with gram dal and spinach. It is high in minerals, vitamins, iron and protein.
Haleem is a popular dish of Ramadan. It is available in different tastes in various places during Ramadan. This dish is prepared using lentils, wheat and meat.
- Chicken Shawarma
This is a very popular recipe of Middle East. The chicken is baked in yoghurt marinade. It is rolled in pita bread and best served with tahini.
Summers are hot and we need something to make us feel good in hot temperatures. In this article, we have collected 10 recipes that are perfect for summers.
- KulfiKulfi is an Indian dessert which is very popular. In my childhood, I used to wait for kulfi wala, a vendor who sold kulfi. The guy carried a large earthen pot and sold kulfi going door to door.
- Mango Ice CreamEvery summer, I make this easy to prepare ice-cream. This is prepared with mangoes, cream, sugar and vanilla(optional). The markets are full of mangoes in summer season, so it is the right time to make this dessert.
- Dahi VadaDahi Vada is a popular dish in which lentil dumplings are dipped in creamy yogurt. The topping is done with sweet and spicy chutneys.
- Fruit CustardFruit custard is a great dessert. Besides fruit custard, gajar ka halwa, besan ladoo, rice kheer, rasgulla and jalebi are very popular desserts.
- Cold CoffeeMost people know how to make cold coffee. But here I am sharing a recipe that I like and is unique.
- Mango MousseMango Mousse is a very light drink. It is creamy, heavenly and has great aroma with yellow colour of mangoes.
- Eggless Banana Chocolate MousseThis is a creamy and smooth dessert. When you have unexpected guests at home and you are craving for chocolate, then this mousse would be perfect for you.
- Vanilla Ice CreamSummers are incomplete without ice cream. An ice-cream is something that we all enjoy. In this recipe, we use basic method for preparing vanilla ice cream.
- Mango Panna CottaMango Panna cotta is a smooth panna cotta prepared with mangoes.This italian dessert’s is a favorite at home. The Italian name “Panna Cotta” means “cooked cream”. It is a creamy soft pudding.
- LassiThis is another refreshing drink for summers. This is a very popular drink of North India and Punjab.
Lunch and dinner are our main course meals. Although, dinner can be kept light but breakfast and lunch should always be proper. In this article, I am sharing some main course recipes.
Both North Indian and South Indian recipes are included in this article.
- Chole: This is a Punjabi Chole masala recipe which is spicy, tasty and flavorful. Chole are perfect with naan, pooris, rotis and rice.
- Tiffin Sambar: This recipe of hotel style tiffin sambar goes well with medu vada, dosa and idli. There are many variations of sambar that you can try.
- Punjabi Kadhi: Kadhi Pakora is a popular recipe of North India. These are fried pakoras in a yogurt sauce that is creamy and sour. There are many variations of kadhi that are available in different regions of India.
- Paneer Makhani: Deliciously cooked cottage cheese in tomatoes and cream sauce. Light spice is added to it with little sweetness and tang.
- Chana Dal: This is a Punjabi style chana dal which is flavored with onions, spices and tomatoes. Dal is best served with rice/rotis. They are a staple food of North India.
- Kadai Mushroom: Mushrooms prepared in a spicy onion-tomato gravy. You must also try mushroom curry and Restaurant Style Kadai Mushroom.
- Gobi Masala: This is a delicious, creamy and light spicy gobi masala made in restaurant style. The same recipe can be prepared with different veggies. Some recipes similar to this include matar masala and capsicum masala. These go well with naan, rotis, tandoori rotis or rice.
- Veg Biryani in Pressure Cooker: This is a very easy recipe of veg biryani. No previous cooking of vegetables and rice are required. For an authentic dum cooked biryani, try this hyderabadi veg biryani. Some other popular recipes of rice are veg fried rice and veg pulao.
- Veg Sagu: A curry that is creamy, spicy and coconut based. It is prepared with mix veggies. This goes well with neer dosa, set dosa, parathas, pooris, chapatis etc. You must also try Kerala Style Veg Stew
- Paneer Masala: This is a delicious and rich paneer curry prepared with onion-tomato-cashew base. Some other popular paneer recipes include paneer butter masala and palak paneer.
India is a very diverse land. The country has different cultures, traditions, ethnicity and flavours. In this article, we explore one of the most celebrated cuisine of country i.e. Rajasthan.
Rajasthan is the land of majestic forts, golden deserts and rich culture. It has always been thrilling to experience Rajasthan. Food is an essential component of describing any place. Food tells us about the topography and socio-historical culture of the place.
Rajasthan is mainly inhabited by Marawaris who are vegetarians. Pyaaz Kachori is one of the staple dish of this state. Rajasthan is greatly influenced by Rajput culture and thus its cuisine includes delicacies with fiery hot meat curries and desi desserts that are mouthwatering. The food here has a lot of ghee. If you are planning to visit the state, you must try pyaaz Kacori, Dal baati churma, Papad Ki Sabzi, Gatte Ki Sabzi. Those who want to try meat, they must try banjari gosht, safed maas and laal maas.
Sweets are also a very popular part of the cuisine. These include: Ghewar, Malpuas, Rasogullas and Mawa Kachori.
- Rajasthani Laal Maas
This delicious red meat curry is a combination of mutton, hot spices and red chillies. Here’s the recipe: http://bit.ly/2qZCPZC
- Banjari Gosht
This dish has authentic flavors of coriander, garlic, turmeric and red chilli. These are marinated with juicy mutton. Here’s the recipe: http://bit.ly/2rYhM9j
- Gatte Ki Sabzi
This is a delicious Rajput dish. Gattas are prepared with besan. They are dipped in spicy gravy. Here’s the recipe: http://bit.ly/2rkFtwm
- Safed Maas
This is a brilliant dish that is very delicious and is cooked perfectly. The dish is prepared with a delicious mix of desi masalas and a good amount of milk, cream, cashew nuts and curd.
- Bhuna Kukda
Chicken marinated in a delicious mix of Rajasthani spices. They are cooked till they are tender and are garnished with coriander leaves that are fresh. Here’s the recipe: http://bit.ly/2qiU4by
- Kairi Curry
This tangy mango curry can be combined with Rajasthani Khoba roti to give you a perfect taste.
This is a traditional sweet of Rajasthan. It is made of milk, flour and sugar syrup. The sweet is circular in shape. It is very popular during the festive season. Here’s the recipe: http://bit.ly/2qq7YUq
- Rajasthani Mirchi Vada
This dish is also known as Mirchi vada. Masala aloo filling is mixed with green pepper and then deep fried. It tastes great with tomato chutney. Here’s the recipe: http://bit.ly/2qiJKQI
- Macchhilli Jaisamandi
This is a tender fish that is deep fried. It is prepared in cream and spicy flavors.
- Aamras Ki Kadhi
This is a flavorful dish in which Mango puree is mixed with besan and buttermilk. It is topped with boondi and a desi spices tadka.
It is a feast for your taste buds to try Indian food. Indian food is very diverse. In India, food is of two types, South Indian and North Indian. It can further be categorized into sub-groups like Rajasthani, Punjabi, Gujarati, Sindhi, Chettinad, Mughali, Kashmiri, Bengali and Hyderabadi.
If you happen to visit any place in India, there are some dishes that you must try. In this article, we have collected most ordered dishes with their recipes:-
- Butter Chicken
Butter Chicken is best served with Kaali Daal and Naans. Here’s the recipe: http://bit.ly/2gQiIaO
- Tandoori Chicken
Tandoori Chicken is an easy to prepare dish. You can prepare it anytime you feel like eating it. Here’s the recipe: http://bit.ly/2qNgRv7
- Chicken Tikka Masala
This delicious dish is prepared by marinating chicken pieces and then grilling them. Then they are added to thick and creamy gravy. Here’s the recipe: http://bit.ly/2qHuDPb
- Rogan Josh
This dish from Kashmir literally translates to ‘red lamb’. The colour of the dish is due to The red chillies that are used in the dish. Although, the name of the dish is fiery but the spiciness of the dish is reduced due to the cream added to it. Here’s the recipe: http://bit.ly/2qN6nvN
- Malai Kofta
A vegetarian alternative of meatball, Malai Kofta goes well with Jeera Rice or Naans(tandoor-baked flatbreads). Here’s the recipe: http://bit.ly/2k7Wh2T
- Chole(Chickpea Curry)
This delicious dish is best served hot with pooris or bhatooras. Here’s the recipe: http://bit.ly/2ijgL7d
- Palak Paneer
This delicious dish is mildly flavoured and very healthy. Here’s the recipe: http://bit.ly/2hXqMLk
- Kaali Daal
Kaali Daal, which is also known as Ma Ki Daal is very nutritious and delicious. Here’s the recipe: http://bit.ly/2rtJQVo
This is one of the most popular snack of North India. Different kinds of variations can be found. A popular alternative to regular dinner is a chaat party. Here’s the recipe: http://bit.ly/2rtq50o
This is a popular Indian bread that is best served with popular dishes like Tandoori Chicken and Kebabs. Here’s the recipe: http://bit.ly/2rLrQ5y
Upma is a popular recipe of South India. It can be prepared fast and easily. No cooking experiences needed to cook this recipe. People who are new to cooking can easily prepare this dish. Different kinds of upma recipes are available. The most popular one is the one made with rava(sooji/wheat cream). But upma can be prepared with many ingredients like oats, bread, idli, oats, millets, broken rice, poha and tender jowar(hurda).
To make poha more nutritious, people add a number of vegetables like green peas, capsicum and carrots. Besides veggies, cashews and roasted peanuts can be added to it.
In this blog post, you will find many upma recipes.
- Rava UpmaThis is a traditional breakfast dish of south india. It is prepared from rava, which is also known as sooji(in hindi). Upma is best served with coconut chutney, lemon pickle or lemon slices. Here’s the recipe: http://bit.ly/2qdFVe9
- Tomato UpmaThis is a tasty and tangy recipe prepared with tomatoes and spices. The tangy tomatoes adds to the flavor of the recipes. Here’s the recipe: http://bit.ly/2puUECw
- Idli UpmaThis recipe can be made with leftover idlis. Using this recipe, you can make quick breakfast using leftover idlis. Some of the recipes that can be prepared are idli chaat, masala idli, idli fry and chilli idli. Here’s the recipe: http://bit.ly/2pIAws1
- Oats UpmaThis is an easy, delicious and healthy recipe of oats upma prepared with mixed veg and oats. Other oats recipes that you can try are oats uttapam, oats idli, oats chilla, oats dosa and oats khichdi. Here’s the recipe: http://bit.ly/2pIJQfW
- Bread UpmaThis is a quick, tasty and easy upma prepared with bread. Fresh bread slices or old bread can be used to prepare this upma. You can use any bread including brown, white, multigrain or whole wheat bread. Here’s the recipe: http://bit.ly/2pIxvIT
- Mtr Style Khara BhathThis is a delicious, soft and smooth dish. It is made of mixed vegetables. It is best served with coconut chutney and lemon wedges. It can also be a great recipe for your tiffin.
- Seviyan Upma RecipeSeviyan(Vermicelli) upma is a popular south indian recipe of upma. Seviyan are prepared from maida or wheat flour or rice flour. The seviyan made from rice flour or wheat flour are better than that of maida. Here’s the recipe: http://bit.ly/2pIhkeE
- Rice Sevai Upma RecipeThis is an easy to prepare upma recipe. It can be prepared with rice sevai or rice vermicelli. No need to add vegetables when short of time. To make the dish more healthy, you can add beans, cabbage, peas and carrot.
- Rice Rava UpmaThis recipe of upma is prepared with broken raw rice. Akki tari uppittu is another name for this dish. The meaning of akki-tari is broken rice. This dish is traditional, authentic, delicious and easy to prepare.
- Quinoa Upma RecipeThis is a very easy and quick recipe of veg quinoa upma. Quinoa is also known as a super food and is a good protein source. It is good for vegans and vegetarians alike. It is also rich in Phosphorus, Manganese and iron. Here’s the recipe: http://bit.ly/2pIJ1nJ
- Veg Seviyan Upma RecipeThis is a healthy breakfast dish prepared with rice seviyan(vermicelli), spice herbs and mix veggies. Here’s the recipe: http://bit.ly/2pIRGq4
- Microwave Upma RecipeThis upma can be prepared fast as compared to other traditional ways of cooking. Here’s the recipe: http://bit.ly/2pvhvxG
Paneer, which is also known as cottage cheese is regularly used in the Indian cuisine. It is a very good source of calcium and protein, especially for those who are vegetarians. It is best served with a spinach or butter gravy. It is also used in the preparation of bakes, snacks, curries and desserts. Besides this, it can also be used in combination with green peas, bell pepper, mushrooms, potatoes and green peas. In this article, we have collected 10 paneer recipes that you will love to have.
- Chilli Paneer: This is an Indo-Chinese dish that is very popular in the restaurants. This is a sweet, sour and hot tasting batter of fried Indian cottage cheese that is sauteed in a chilli garlic sauce. This dish can be prepared dry as well as in the form of gravy.
- Kadai Paneer: This is a delicious and easy to prepare dish made of ground spices known as kadai masala. It is best served with rice, naan or roti.
- Matar Paneer: This is a simple curry made of paneer and green peas. Peas are usually available in the winter season and that is usually when this dish is made. Frozen peas can also be used to prepare this dish.
- Paneer Sandwich: This dish can be prepared with fresh vegetables and Indian cottage cheese that is put inside bread sandwich. It goes well with lunch or snack.
- Paneer Bread Rolls: This is a perfect snack and is loved by kids. It can also be prepared as starter or snack in parties. They can be pan fried, shallow fried or baked.
- Paneer Cutlet: Paneer cutlets are nothing but tikkis prepared with crumpled cottage cheese. These are best served as snacks or in burgers.
- Paneer Makhani: This is a very popular dish of Punjab. Indian cottage cheese is mixed with cashew tomato gravy and cream is added on top. It is best served with naan, roti or rice.
- Paneer Butter Masala: This is a little different from Paneer Makhani. It is a very popular recipe. The cottage cheese is simmered in a gravy of tomato and onion. It is a very popular recipe.
- Palak Paneer: In this recipe, the cottage cheese is added to spinach gravy. This dish can be prepared in a number of ways.
- Paneer Pulao: If you want to add protein to your regular pulao, then paneer pulao is a great combination. The cottage cheese added to this dish is rich, marinated and fried.
In this article, we have collected 10 best Youtube channels that you must follow. The list is well researched. We hope you like them.
- Rak’s Anand: This channel, which is run by Rajeshwari Vijayanand is full of South Indian and North Indian recipes, egg less baked recipes and much more. You will find recipes in this channel with pictures of each step. Here is the link: http://bit.ly/2pPcrDM
- Tarla Dalal Kitchen: This channel is full of easy Indian vegetarian recipes by Tarla Dalal, which is India’s much trusted brand. Here is the link: http://bit.ly/2pPkxwf
- Vegetarian Recipes: Nisha Madhulika is a trusted name. She makes easy vegetarian Indian recipes that are good to eat and easy to cook. To discover delicious and interesting recipes, watch the videos. Here’s the link: http://bit.ly/2p5R68g
- Sanjeev Kapoor Khazana: The most celebrated face of Indian Cuisine is Chef Sanjeev Kapoor. He is an extraordinary chef who runs a TV Channel FoodFood. He was the host of a cookery show named Khana Khazana for almost 17 years. This channel is perfect for recipes from India and around the world. Here’s the link: http://bit.ly/2pnGwus
- Vahchef-VahRehVah: This channel will help you amaze yourself, friends and family with your Indian cooking skills and knowledge. Indian food is very popular around the world. The secret to good cooking is good use of Indian spices. Vahrevah will make it easy for you to cook from variety of Indian dishes. Here’s the link: http://bit.ly/2oTcgWR
- Bhavna’s Kitchen: Bhavna loves cooking. She is passionate about cooking good food. She loves to cook exotic vegetarian recipes throughout the world with a touch of Indian taste. Here’s the link: http://bit.ly/2oTg7Dd
- Archana’s Kitchen: Archana’s Kitchen is one of the leading food and recipe website of India. It gives the world, confident and reliable ‘DIY’ solutions for cooking everyday. Here’s the link: http://bit.ly/2ovWXR7
- Manjula’s Kitchen: Manjula’s Kitchen is a perfect destination for Indian Vegetarian Recipes and yummy cooking videos. Manjula teaches us mouthwatering appetizers, desserts, curries and many other dishes. Here’s the link: http://bit.ly/1l2LOFA
- Jeyshri’s Kitchen: The recipes of Jeyashri’s Kitchen have been taken from her mom. Besides this few have been taken from cookbooks and other food websites. The recipes have been depicted with step-wise pictorial instructions. Here’s the link: http://bit.ly/2oeBcth
- Lata’s Kitchen: Lata’s Kitchen is a perfect corner for vegetarian, delicious and authentic recipes of India. These are easy recipes and taste great. Here’s the link: http://bit.ly/2ow1Ppm
In this article, you will find many summer recipes that include healthy smoothies.
- Grape Juice: This post will help you in making homemade grape juice that has many health benefits. It is prepared fresh and immediately consumed. It is very rich in antioxidants, vitamins, minerals etc. Here’s the recipe: http://bit.ly/2pFk4sG
- Dahi Vada: Dahi Vada are deep fried balls of lentil immersed in yogurt. They are topped with different chutneys and garnished with spicy powder. Dahi vada is sold as street food throughout India. Here’s the recipe: http://bit.ly/1Smfpnx
- Tomato Cucumber Sandwich: This is a quick sandwich that is prepared in 10 minutes. They are a filling breakfast for those days when cooking is not possible. What we need is tomatoes, cucumber, onion, mayonnaise and hung curd. You can also use your favorite herbs and spices. Here’s the recipe: http://bit.ly/2oAFtUI
- Rabri: Rabri is a traditional North Indian Sweet dish. It is made by condensing of sugar and full fat milk until the milk forms into 1/3rd of its original quantity. Here’s the recipe: http://bit.ly/2oN33zI
- Basundi: Basundi is an Indian sweet made by thickening of full fat milk, sugar and garnished with nuts. It is very popular in the state of Maharashtra, Karnataka and Gujarat. Rabri, made in North India is a dish similar to this. Here’s the recipe: http://bit.ly/2ppUV65
- Mint Ice cream: This is an egg less ice cream with fresh mint flavor and chocolate. It can be prepared with or without an ice cream maker. Here is the recipe: http://bit.ly/2ppOvUF
- Pista Ice Cream: This Pista ice cream can be made without ice cream maker. This is an easy egg less recipe made with pistachios. Here’s the recipe: http://bit.ly/2oDrj6U
- Chocolate Ice Cream: This is a very easy recipe to make chocolate ice cream. There are many ways ice cream can be made. This recipe does not has a custard base and does not need eggs. Here’s the recipe: http://bit.ly/2nRzv4H
- Apple Milkshake: This is one of the easiest milkshake recipe that can be made easily. Milkshakes are more favored at home.Here’s the recipe: http://bit.ly/2ppYVDr
- Watermelon Juice: This is one of the best thirst quenchers and can be instant remedy to sunstroke or heat. Here’s the recipe: http://bit.ly/2og4xz9
India is full of veggies, herbs and fruits. Many of these are uniquely found in particular region or area. Therefore, there is a special drink for each region of India. For eg. In Bihar, sattu(barley flour + roasted chickpea) are consumed in summers.
In Western and South India, coconuts are available easily and thus, summer heat is easily beaten with coconut water.
Here are some summer drinks made in homes of India:-
- Nimbu Pani(Indian Lemonade): The most consumed and cheapest drink of India, Nimbu Pani is the most common drink of India. You can make it more flavorful by adding mint juice, black salt, roasted cumin powder and black salt. You can make it sweet(shikanji) or consume a salty version of it. Here’s the recipe: http://bit.ly/2p0TyNZ
- Coconut Water: Fresh Coconut water is a blessing in disguise for those whom it is easily available. It is healthiest option for beating the heat of summer. Here’s the recipe of coconut water with Mango Lassi: http://bit.ly/2p18V98
- Jaljeera: This is a spicy Indian drink that is consumed as appetiser or drink. It is very famous North Indian drink. Here’s the recipe: http://bit.ly/2p2N7H0
- Sweet Lassi: This yogurt is a famous North Indian drink. You can either make it salty or sweet. It can be flavored with rose water, saffron and cardamom powder. Some other variations of lassi include mango lassi, fruit lassi, papaya lassi, salty lassi, strawberry lassi and masala lassi. Here’s the recipe: http://bit.ly/2o3bTWM
- Buttermilk(Chaas): Buttermilk is made with the help of yogurt. It is very popular in entire India. It can be flavoured with ginger, mint, curry leaves and cumin. Oil tempering can also be done with spices and herbs. Here’s the recipe: http://bit.ly/2ovd7NH
- Rooh Afza: This is a healthy syrup scented with sweet rose. It is made of vegetables, herbs, roots and fresh fruits. It can be added to kulfi, milk, ice cream and falooda. Here’s the recipe: http://bit.ly/2ommHQB
- Aam Ka Panna: It is prepared with mangoes. It helps in keeping the body cool and preventing it from heat stroke. Raw mangoes are a great source of iron and vitamin c. Here’s the recipe: http://bit.ly/2p13XZS
- Piyush: This is a popular beverage of Maharashtra and Gujarat. It is very creamy and smooth. Piyush is similar to lassi but is thicker, creamy and sweeter. Here’s the recipe: http://bit.ly/2pp5iq7
- Thandai: This traditional drink is very popular in North India. It is prepared with dry fruits, spices and seeds. Here’s the recipe: http://bit.ly/2pp5tBN
- Sattu: This is a healthy summer drink, prepared with roasted gram flour. This roasted black chickpea flour is also known as chane ka sattu. Here’s the recipe: http://bit.ly/2omsdD7