One of the most important meal in a day is breakfast. Some people tend to skip the breakfast due to shortage of time. But one should never miss this meal. In India, the breakfast is different for different states because of varying cuisines. For eg. In South India, uttapam, dosa and idli are popular. While in North India, there are different varieties of parathas that are popular.
Some people want simple breakfasts like toasts and eggs(omelette/scrambled). If you are a vegetarian, you can make paneer bhurji, tofu or besan chilla that goes well with toast. Another popular breakfast is aloo poori. There can be different ways of making aloo sabzi.
In this blog post, we share with you some of the best breakfast recipes:-
Photo Courtesy: Abu Dhabi
Upma is a south Indian dish that is prepared with rava. Rava is also known as sooji(cream of wheat). Upma is normally served with coconut chutney, lemon pickle and lime slices. It can also be served plain. Some different kinds of Upma include Tomato Upma, Oats Upma, Idli Upma, Poha Upma, Bread Upma.
Photo Courtesy: Cooking From Heart
This is a very easy dosa recipe that is prepared with rice flour, semolina, flour and onions. It is a great option for breakfast. It is usually served with sambhar and coconut chutney. Besides rava dosa, some different types of dosas include Masala Dosa, Oats Dosa, Benne Dosa, Cheese Dosa, Neer Dosa, Sada Dosa.
Photo Courtesy: Indobase
This is a traditional breakfast that is prepared in every South Indian home. It is a very healthy and delicious breakfast. It is usually served with coconut chutney and sambhar. Some popular kinds of idli include Kanchipuram Idli, Ragi Idli, Poha Idli, Oats Idli.
Photo Courtesy: Delhi Live London
This is a very popular breakfast of India. It is stuffed with spiced potato. Of all the paratha recipes, the best one is aloo paratha. It is best served with curd, pickle, butter or dal makhani. Some popular punjabi parathas include Paneer Paratha, Methi Thepla, Onion Paratha
Photo Courtesy: Vahrehvah
This is a very popular Maharashtrian breakfast. It is prepared with flattened rice or beaten rice. The dish can be prepared easily and is very healthy. Some different kinds of poha include Onion Poha, Indori Poha, Potato Onion Poha, Vegetable Poha
Photo Courtesy: Veg Recipes of India
This delicious North Indian recipe is prepared with crumbled paneer. The meaning of bhurji is scrambled. Some other types of bhurji recipes include palak paneer bhurji, matar paneer bhurji, mooli ki bhurji, tofu bhurji and paneer bhurji gravy. Some other paneer dishes include Paneer Tikka, Paneer Khurchan, Tawa Paneer Masala, Kadai Paneer, Paneer Do Pyaza, Paneer Butter Masala
Photo Courtesy: Boldsky Hindi
This Maharashtrian breakfast is very popular. The dish is prepared with sprouts and is topped with tomatoes, onions, farsan and lemon juice. It is served with pav. It is a very delicious and nutritious dish. The pav(buns) are prepared with wheat flour. Other popular Maharashtrian dishes include Thalipeeth, Vada Pav, Poori Bhaji, Sabudana Vada, Sabudana Khichdi.
Photo Courtesy: Rak’s Kitchen
This is a popular flat bread that is prepared from gram flour, whole wheat flour and fenugreek leaves. It can be had anytime of the day. Some popular thepla variations include Mooli Thepla, Lauki Thepla
Photo Courtesy: LifeStyleHindi
This is a delicious dish that contains poori and potato curry. It is very popular throughout India. There are many variations available in different regions. In Maharashtra, it is known as Poori Bhaji. The South Indian version is known as poori masala. Some popular chole curries that you can eat poori with include Punjabi Chole Masala, Aloo Chole, Amritsari Chole, Sukhe Chole, Peshawari Chole, Spicy Chana Masala
Photo Courtesy: Apna Food TV
These are flaky kachoris that are prepared with stuffing of spiced moong lentil. Once prepared, these can be stored for days in the fridge. Kachoris are best consumed with tamarind chutney, red chili garlic chutney/green chutney. These can also be had with aloo rasedar and dubki wale aloo. Some of the delicious kachori recipes include Matar Kachori, Urad Dal Kachori, Bengali Style Matar Kachori.
In this article, we give you some of the best veg foods that you will love. These Indian vegetarian recipes are liked by all. You should try all of them.
- Malai Kofta
Photo Courtesy: Veggie Food Recipes
This dish is perfect for special times. Malai Kofta is a perfect vegetarian substitute for meatballs. This is one dish that everyone in the party would enjoy. Here’s the recipe: http://bit.ly/2k7Wh2T
- Palak Paneer
Photo Courtesy: Youtube
This is a favourite North Indian dish of India. Palak Paneer is a pure veg recipe. It has no garlic or onions. Here’s the recipe: http://bit.ly/2hXqMLk
Photo Courtesy: Love Laugh Mirch
Rajma is a popular dish that is very tasty. It tastes great when served with plain rice. Rajma tastes great when served alongside plain rice. Here’s the recipe: http://bit.ly/2iV3yWP
Photo Courtesy: Foodviva
Matar Paneer is best served with Naans, Parathas, Paneer and Jeera Rice. Matar Paneer contains chunks of Paneer dipped in a delicious gravy. Here’s the recipe: http://bit.ly/2jSN1Cm
Photo Courtesy: Indian As Apple Pie
Kaali Daal, which is also known as Ma Ki Daal is very tasty and delicious. Here’s the recipe: http://bit.ly/2kji8rb
Photo Courtesy: Sailu’s Food
Chole is a crowd pleaser that is piping hot and is best consumed with bhatooras/pooris. This dish is perfect for spicy food lovers. Here’s the recipe: http://bit.ly/2j4Nrkk
Bhindi Ki Subzi
Photo Courtesy: Khana Khazana
This dish can be prepared very quickly. Bhindi Ki Subji is best enjoyed with chapatis/parathas. When you combine this dish with Rajma, it gives you a perfect meal. Here’s the recipe: http://bit.ly/2jgQrh2
Photo Courtesy: Foodviva
Aaloo Paratha is best taken with pickle, chutney and chilled yogurt. Aloo parathas taste great with fresh, thick cream, home-made butter. Here’s the recipe: http://bit.ly/2k7SlyK
Hara Bhara Kabab
Photo Courtesy: pak01
Hara Bhara Kabab is a tasty dish for vegetarians and is a perfect alternative to kababs. Hara Bhara Kabab is filled with healthy spinach which gives it green colour. Here’s the recipe: http://bit.ly/2jPYySh
Photo Courtesy: The Lady 8 Home
Lehsuni Daal is simple yet tasty. It is prepared with masoor daal. It is a staple dish of India. It is best consumed with rice, vegetable or a meat dish. Here’s the recipe: http://bit.ly/2joCiMe
Breakfast is the most important meal of a person. But sometimes we tend to skip it due to a shortage of time. But it is better not to skip this healthy meal.
Each state of India has its unique cuisine and that is the reason why breakfast recipes vary with each state. In this post, we share with you top recipes for breakfast that are popular with readers.
Here are top 10 recipes for breakfast:-
- Rava Upma: Upma is a traditional South Indian dish that is made from rava. The other names of rava are sooji in Hindi and cream of wheat in English. Upma is normally served with lime slices, lime pickle and coconut chutney. There are many kinds of upma including oats upma, bread upma and tomato upma.
- Idli: Idli is a traditional breakfast that is prepared in every household of India. Idli is available in many variants including rava idli, poha idli, oats idli and ragi idli. Idli is normally served with sambar and chutney.
- Aloo Paratha: Aloo paratha is a popular breakfast of India. It is a whole wheat bread filled with potato stuffing. The most famous of all the paratha recipes is aloo paratha. You can also try onion paratha, paneer paratha, dhaba style aloo paratha and methi thepla. Parathas are best served with curd, pickle or butter.
- Poha: This is a popular dish for breakfast that is made with beaten or flattened rice. Its an easy, quick and healthy dish.
- Appam: Appam is a very popular dish of South India. It is very easy to make. As yeast is used, the batter should not be fermented too long. The dish is best served with coconut milk and coconut stew.
- Pongal: This is a popular breakfast of South India prepared with yellow moong and rice. There are many variations of this recipe. Many times, we also add grated coconut. You can also add chopped vegetables resulting in mix veg pongal.
- Misal Pav : This is a popular breakfast of Maharashtra made with Usal. It is topped with tomatoes, onions, farsan and lemon juice. It is served with pav.
- Veg Grilled Sandwich: This vegetable sandwich is spiced with cilantro and is perfectly grilled. Sandwiches are quick and easy to make. You can use whole wheat bread if you are conscious about health.
- Besan Cheela: This is a delicious pancake that is made with spices, herbs and gram flour. You can add grated vegetables to increase the nutrition of the dish. Try the Oats Cheela and Rava Chila recipe.