In this article, you will find many summer recipes that include healthy smoothies.
- Grape Juice: This post will help you in making homemade grape juice that has many health benefits. It is prepared fresh and immediately consumed. It is very rich in antioxidants, vitamins, minerals etc. Here’s the recipe: http://bit.ly/2pFk4sG
- Dahi Vada: Dahi Vada are deep fried balls of lentil immersed in yogurt. They are topped with different chutneys and garnished with spicy powder. Dahi vada is sold as street food throughout India. Here’s the recipe: http://bit.ly/1Smfpnx
- Tomato Cucumber Sandwich: This is a quick sandwich that is prepared in 10 minutes. They are a filling breakfast for those days when cooking is not possible. What we need is tomatoes, cucumber, onion, mayonnaise and hung curd. You can also use your favorite herbs and spices. Here’s the recipe: http://bit.ly/2oAFtUI
- Rabri: Rabri is a traditional North Indian Sweet dish. It is made by condensing of sugar and full fat milk until the milk forms into 1/3rd of its original quantity. Here’s the recipe: http://bit.ly/2oN33zI
- Basundi: Basundi is an Indian sweet made by thickening of full fat milk, sugar and garnished with nuts. It is very popular in the state of Maharashtra, Karnataka and Gujarat. Rabri, made in North India is a dish similar to this. Here’s the recipe: http://bit.ly/2ppUV65
- Mint Ice cream: This is an egg less ice cream with fresh mint flavor and chocolate. It can be prepared with or without an ice cream maker. Here is the recipe: http://bit.ly/2ppOvUF
- Pista Ice Cream: This Pista ice cream can be made without ice cream maker. This is an easy egg less recipe made with pistachios. Here’s the recipe: http://bit.ly/2oDrj6U
- Chocolate Ice Cream: This is a very easy recipe to make chocolate ice cream. There are many ways ice cream can be made. This recipe does not has a custard base and does not need eggs. Here’s the recipe: http://bit.ly/2nRzv4H
- Apple Milkshake: This is one of the easiest milkshake recipe that can be made easily. Milkshakes are more favored at home.Here’s the recipe: http://bit.ly/2ppYVDr
- Watermelon Juice: This is one of the best thirst quenchers and can be instant remedy to sunstroke or heat. Here’s the recipe: http://bit.ly/2og4xz9
The Hindu festival of Ganesh Chaturthi is celebrated to honor Lord Ganesha. The festival of Ganesh Chaturthi starts on 5th September this year and will be celebrated for 10 days.
In some parts of India, the festival is known as ‘Vinayak Chaturthi’ or ‘Vinayaka Chavithi’.
In this article, we give you sweets and other dishes that are commonly prepared in Ganesh Chaturthi:-
The favorite food of Lord Ganesha is Modak. It is of special importance during worships. Most commonly, modak is stuffed with coconut and jaggery. There are many variations of this recipe. Here is a list of some popular Modaks:-
- Ukadiche Modak: This is a steamed modak. Its outer covering is made of rice flour and the stuffing is of coconut jaggery.
Photo Courtesy: couponraja
- Fried Modak: This is a deep fried or shallow fried modak with stuffing of coconut which is sweet and chewy. It’s outside covering is very crispy.
Photo Courtesy: healthyvegrecipes
- Chocolate Modak: This is a special modak. It is made of semi-sweet chocolate chips, biscuit crumbs and condensed milk.
- Mawa Modak: This modak is prepared from khoya/mawa. It is filled with figs, nuts and dry coconut.
Different types of ladoos are prepared during Ganesh Chaturthi. Here is a list of popular Ladoos:-
- Coconut Ladoo: This is a delicious ladoo recipe that is prepared with dry coconut, powdered sugar and mawa.
- Boondi Ladoo: In this ladoo, boondis are soaked in sugar syrup of saffron flavor and then made into the shape of ladoo.
- Besan Ladoo: This ladoo recipe is easy to make. It is prepared with powdered sugar, gram flour and ghee.
Besides Modaks and Laddoos, a few more sweets are prepared and given as offering to God. These are given below:-
- Sooji Halwa: Sooji Halwa is a very famous sweet dish among Indians. It is prepared during festivals like Ganesh Chaturthi.
- Banana Sheera: This recipe is similar to sooji halwa but banana is added to give flavor. It is a perfect prasad for any pooja.
Photo Courtesy: vegrecipesofindia
- Puran Poli: Puran Poli is a stuffed Indian bread. The preparation of Puran Poli is considered to be an art that requires high skills.
- Karanji: Karanji is a traditional Maharashtrian sweer. The stuffing is of sweet coconut and its crust is crispy.
- Basundi: This is a popular recipe. The milk is sweetened and thickened and chopped nuts are added. It is flavored with saffron and cardamom.
- Shrikhand: Shrikhand is prepared with sugar and plain yogurt. It is flavoured with cardamom and saffron and garnishing is done with nuts.