Summer is the hottest season of the year. From March to June, it is the hottest season due to scorching heat. During this time, the summer is spread throughout India with heat wave in the air. Hot winds and bright sun are something that everyone wants to escape from.
People try to chill and relax throughout the summer season. In this article, we will share with you top Indian beverages that will be refreshing for summers.
Photo Courtesy: AajTak
This is a popular drink of India. In North India and Pakistan, it is known as Shikanji. Shikanji/Lemonade is made with Lemon Juice with a combination of ginger juice, ice and water. It also contains ingredients like roasted cumin powder, mint juice and black salt.
Photo Courtesy: BeBeautiful
This is a spicy Indian drink that is used as an appetiser or a drink. It is very famous drink of North India.
Photo Courtesy: Serious Eats
The drink is prepared with yogurt. It is very popular throughout India. It can be flavoured with ginger, mint, curry leaves and cumin powder. Another variation of the drink is mint chaas.
Photo Courtesy: Food Network
This is a very popular western drink. This creamy and tropical drink is great for Caribbean and Hawaiian parties.
Photo Courtesy: Vegetarian Indian Recipes
Cold Coffee is a great beverage for hot summers. This is a sweet, chocolatey and refreshing drink.
Photo Courtesy: Healthdetail.in
The meaning of the word “thandai” is “thanda”, which means “cool”. It is a traditional drink that is prepared in North India and is very popular. It is prepared by mixing spices, dry-fruits and seeds.
Photo Courtesy: Sahtak Awalan
This is a very popular drink that is prepared with mango. The mango that is added should have smooth pulp rather than fibrous.
Photo Courtesy: Knox’s Pub Ennis
This a popular beverage for summer. It is prepared with rose syrup, milk, falooda, sabja seeds, ice cream and dry fruits. Some other types of falooda include kulfi falooda, mango falooda, strawberry falooda and kesar pista falooda.
Photo Courtesy: Madhura’s Recipes
This is a thick mango milk shake with ice cream on the top. Some other mango recipes include mango mousse, mango cheesecake, mango muffins, mango panna cota, mango kulfi and mango ice cream.
Photo Courtesy: BEST OF DRINKS
Pomegranate juice is a very healthy juice. It is easy to prepare and is refreshing during summers.
Photo Courtesy: Maps of India
This smooth and creamy beverage is very popular in Gujarat and Maharashtra. It is similar to lassi but is creamier, thicker and sweeter.
Photo Courtesy: HungryForever
This is a very cooling drink. It is an excellent summer drink. The drink also helps in purification of blood and improves digestion.
North Indian cuisine is filled with rich gravies, spicy vegetable fries, slow-cooked meat and desserts. What makes the cuisine so great is the availability of vegetables, grains, fruits and spices. In this article we have given you some of the most cooked recipes of North India. A few delicious dishes from North-India are Rogan Josh, Chole Bhature, Dal-Bati Churma and Chaat.
The North Indian food is richer when compared to other cuisines of India as there are a lots of dishes that are made in desi ghee or fresh cream. Some of the dishes take long time to prepare and involve careful steps. But when you put them in your mouth, you know that you are in for a joyride.
North Indians also love simple comfort foods like Rajma Chawal, Dal Tadka etc. Their love for dairy is evident as most traditional meals are served with paneer, lassi, chaas, kulfi and kheer.
So, here are the best recipes from North India:-
- Chole Bhature: This is a mouth watering dish that has its origins in Punjab. This dish comes with chickpeas cooked in various spices.
- Rogan Josh: Rogan Josh is the main dish of Kashmir. This is a favourite dish of meat lovers.
- Stuffed Bati: This snack, cooked in ghee, is served with dal and chutney. Bati has filling of spices and paneer.
- Rice Kheer: A perfect dessert for a filling meal, rice kheer is prepared with khoya, milk, nuts and cream.
- Chicken Dum Biryani: Chicken Dum Biryani is a popular dish. This is a tasty biryani with chicken cooked in different spices.
- Aloo Samosa: This is a perfect snack for the evening tea. It is a fried snack that is stuffed with mixture of peas and potatoes.
- Nihari Gosht: This is a popular recipe of Hyderabad. This recipe originated in Delhi.
- Butter Chicken: Butter chicken is a great combination of chicken and spices and is very moist and tender.
- Dahi Bhalla: Dahi Bhalla is a delicious treat that is prepared with yogurt and daal. These delicious bhallas are topped with sweet curd, tangy chutneys and spices.
- Malai Kulfi: Malai kulfi is best served in a matki. It is prepared with condensed milk, dry fruits and saffron.