Summer is the hottest season of the year. From March to June, it is the hottest season due to scorching heat. During this time, the summer is spread throughout India with heat wave in the air. Hot winds and bright sun are something that everyone wants to escape from.
People try to chill and relax throughout the summer season. In this article, we will share with you top Indian beverages that will be refreshing for summers.
Photo Courtesy: AajTak
This is a popular drink of India. In North India and Pakistan, it is known as Shikanji. Shikanji/Lemonade is made with Lemon Juice with a combination of ginger juice, ice and water. It also contains ingredients like roasted cumin powder, mint juice and black salt.
Photo Courtesy: BeBeautiful
This is a spicy Indian drink that is used as an appetiser or a drink. It is very famous drink of North India.
Photo Courtesy: Serious Eats
The drink is prepared with yogurt. It is very popular throughout India. It can be flavoured with ginger, mint, curry leaves and cumin powder. Another variation of the drink is mint chaas.
Photo Courtesy: Food Network
This is a very popular western drink. This creamy and tropical drink is great for Caribbean and Hawaiian parties.
Photo Courtesy: Vegetarian Indian Recipes
Cold Coffee is a great beverage for hot summers. This is a sweet, chocolatey and refreshing drink.
Photo Courtesy: Healthdetail.in
The meaning of the word “thandai” is “thanda”, which means “cool”. It is a traditional drink that is prepared in North India and is very popular. It is prepared by mixing spices, dry-fruits and seeds.
Photo Courtesy: Sahtak Awalan
This is a very popular drink that is prepared with mango. The mango that is added should have smooth pulp rather than fibrous.
Photo Courtesy: Knox’s Pub Ennis
This a popular beverage for summer. It is prepared with rose syrup, milk, falooda, sabja seeds, ice cream and dry fruits. Some other types of falooda include kulfi falooda, mango falooda, strawberry falooda and kesar pista falooda.
Photo Courtesy: Madhura’s Recipes
This is a thick mango milk shake with ice cream on the top. Some other mango recipes include mango mousse, mango cheesecake, mango muffins, mango panna cota, mango kulfi and mango ice cream.
Photo Courtesy: BEST OF DRINKS
Pomegranate juice is a very healthy juice. It is easy to prepare and is refreshing during summers.
Photo Courtesy: Maps of India
This smooth and creamy beverage is very popular in Gujarat and Maharashtra. It is similar to lassi but is creamier, thicker and sweeter.
Photo Courtesy: HungryForever
This is a very cooling drink. It is an excellent summer drink. The drink also helps in purification of blood and improves digestion.
Summers are hot and we need something to make us feel good in hot temperatures. In this article, we have collected 10 recipes that are perfect for summers.
- KulfiKulfi is an Indian dessert which is very popular. In my childhood, I used to wait for kulfi wala, a vendor who sold kulfi. The guy carried a large earthen pot and sold kulfi going door to door.
- Mango Ice CreamEvery summer, I make this easy to prepare ice-cream. This is prepared with mangoes, cream, sugar and vanilla(optional). The markets are full of mangoes in summer season, so it is the right time to make this dessert.
- Dahi VadaDahi Vada is a popular dish in which lentil dumplings are dipped in creamy yogurt. The topping is done with sweet and spicy chutneys.
- Fruit CustardFruit custard is a great dessert. Besides fruit custard, gajar ka halwa, besan ladoo, rice kheer, rasgulla and jalebi are very popular desserts.
- Cold CoffeeMost people know how to make cold coffee. But here I am sharing a recipe that I like and is unique.
- Mango MousseMango Mousse is a very light drink. It is creamy, heavenly and has great aroma with yellow colour of mangoes.
- Eggless Banana Chocolate MousseThis is a creamy and smooth dessert. When you have unexpected guests at home and you are craving for chocolate, then this mousse would be perfect for you.
- Vanilla Ice CreamSummers are incomplete without ice cream. An ice-cream is something that we all enjoy. In this recipe, we use basic method for preparing vanilla ice cream.
- Mango Panna CottaMango Panna cotta is a smooth panna cotta prepared with mangoes.This italian dessert’s is a favorite at home. The Italian name “Panna Cotta” means “cooked cream”. It is a creamy soft pudding.
- LassiThis is another refreshing drink for summers. This is a very popular drink of North India and Punjab.