India is a very diverse land. The country has different cultures, traditions, ethnicity and flavours. In this article, we explore one of the most celebrated cuisine of country i.e. Rajasthan.
Rajasthan is the land of majestic forts, golden deserts and rich culture. It has always been thrilling to experience Rajasthan. Food is an essential component of describing any place. Food tells us about the topography and socio-historical culture of the place.
Rajasthan is mainly inhabited by Marawaris who are vegetarians. Pyaaz Kachori is one of the staple dish of this state. Rajasthan is greatly influenced by Rajput culture and thus its cuisine includes delicacies with fiery hot meat curries and desi desserts that are mouthwatering. The food here has a lot of ghee. If you are planning to visit the state, you must try pyaaz Kacori, Dal baati churma, Papad Ki Sabzi, Gatte Ki Sabzi. Those who want to try meat, they must try banjari gosht, safed maas and laal maas.
Sweets are also a very popular part of the cuisine. These include: Ghewar, Malpuas, Rasogullas and Mawa Kachori.
- Rajasthani Laal MaasThis delicious red meat curry is a combination of mutton, hot spices and red chillies. Here’s the recipe: http://bit.ly/2qZCPZC
- Banjari GoshtThis dish has authentic flavors of coriander, garlic, turmeric and red chilli. These are marinated with juicy mutton. Here’s the recipe: http://bit.ly/2rYhM9j
- Gatte Ki SabziThis is a delicious Rajput dish. Gattas are prepared with besan. They are dipped in spicy gravy. Here’s the recipe: http://bit.ly/2rkFtwm
- Safed Maas
This is a brilliant dish that is very delicious and is cooked perfectly. The dish is prepared with a delicious mix of desi masalas and a good amount of milk, cream, cashew nuts and curd.
- Bhuna KukdaChicken marinated in a delicious mix of Rajasthani spices. They are cooked till they are tender and are garnished with coriander leaves that are fresh. Here’s the recipe: http://bit.ly/2qiU4by
- Kairi CurryThis tangy mango curry can be combined with Rajasthani Khoba roti to give you a perfect taste.
- GhewarThis is a traditional sweet of Rajasthan. It is made of milk, flour and sugar syrup. The sweet is circular in shape. It is very popular during festive season. Here’s the recipe: http://bit.ly/2qq7YUq
- Rajasthani Mirchi VadaThis dish is also known as mirchi vada. Masala aloo filling is mixed with green pepper and then deep fried. It tastes great with tomato chutney. Here’s the recipe: http://bit.ly/2qiJKQI
- Macchhilli JaisamandiThis is a tender fish that is deep fried. It is prepared in cream and spicy flavours.
- Aamras Ki KadhiThis is a flavorful dish in which Mango puree is mixed with besan and buttermilk. It is topped with boondi and a desi spices tadka.