One of the most favourite place for food lovers is Delhi. It has many cuisines with delicious dishes and unique tastes. The city has been known for its food for centuries. This city has preserved age-old secrets of cooking and has a lot of unique dishes. It has always attracted food lovers from around the world. Delhi is well known for its amazing vegetarian and non-vegetarian food corners. In this blog post, we bring to you top 8 eating points of Delhi that must be tried by everyone.
Kake Di Hatti
Photo Courtesy: Youtube
These delicious dishes from Old Delhi are loved by foodies. Kake Di Hatti is known for its traditional Punjabi food, Kulfis and Faloodas. Here you will find a variety of Parathas, Chole Bhature and Kulchas. Old Delhi is perfect for food lovers. Kake Di Hatti is a perfect paradise for such food. It is located near Gali Batashan of Fatehpuri Chowk. The place’s traditional North Indian food is very pocket friendly. You must try their stuffed Naan and Dal Makhani.
Photo Courtesy: Uday India
This is a famous branch of Gulati restaurants chain. It is a delight for every vegetarian. Gulati Restaurant is one of the oldest and trusted name of the city. The North Indian cuisine of Veg Gulati is well known. The restaurant, which is located at Pandara Road Market is known for its ambience and services. Some of the dishes that you must try include Dal Makhani and Amritsari Parantha.
Photo Courtesy: VenueLook
Govinda is located inside Iskcon temple of Delhi. It is a very famous place for vegetarians. Their buffet system is unique and the food is offered as Prasad of Lord Krishna. The place is known for North Indian as well as Chinese food, lassis and shakes. Govinda is known for its delicious food.
Photo Courtesy: EatTreat
Keventers is famous for its delicious snacks and thick shakes. It is It is located in the inner circle near Wenger’s at CP. Some shakes that you must try include strawberry, coffee and chocolate.
Chache Di Hatti
Photo Courtesy: English News
This is one of the most famous food joints of North Campus, Delhi University. Chache Di Hatti is known for its delicious and satiating Chhole Bhatures. This eatery is located in Kamla Nagar. This place is usually crowded and they usually close it before 2-3 pm.
Photo Courtesy: TrueLocalz
This vegetarian joint is located in Kingsway Camp, Hudson lane. It is inspired by the food of Indus Valley Civilisation. Their North Indian and Chinese food is well known. It is a real treat for food lovers. Its must have dishes include Gilafi kebab, Dahi ke Sholay, Islamabadi Paneer and Dal Indus.
Photo Courtesy: Hangouts
Rajdhani is located in DLF Mall, Saket. It is famous for its Gujarati/Rajasthani dishes. Rajdhani is a great restaurant for dining. It is known for its famous Rajasthani Thali.
Photo Courtesy: Apna Coupon
Sattvik is a famous restaurant for vegetarians. It is located in DLF mall, Saket and is famous for its North Indian food. You must try their Til Waale Tandoori Aloo.
There is no dearth of good restaurants in India. But then there are also some great restaurants. Being a lover of food, I keep on exploring great destinations for treating my palate. In this article, I have listed 10 such restaurants that will make you crave for more.
- Indian Accent, New DelhiThis is one of the best restaurants of India. This restaurant is very close to international standards. Located at the centre of a hotel in South Delhi(The Manor). It is very popular across borders and it is recommended that you make reservations before planning to have a meal. Regional dishes from all over the country are available in this restaurant.
Speciality: Galauti Kebab
- Peshawri, MumbaiThe Peshawari has beaten Bukhara in its popularity. Where it beats Bukhara is the decoration. You will find the menu on wooden blocks. The crockery is earthy and the decoration reminds one of northwestern frontier.Speciality: Dal Bukhara and Sikandari Raan
- Villa Maya, TrivandrumJust a look at the place and you would like to come again. Villa Maya is a dream destination for everyone. The villa is set in a 18th century Dutch manor. Its elegance is timeless. The dining spaces are present throughout the bungalow and spread through the courtyard. The food is contemporary and awsome. The menu is designed to give respect to countries like Morocco and Italy that did spice trade with IndiaSpeciality: Fish Tikka
- Bukhara, New DelhiThe name of the restaurant is amazing and undoubtedly it is famous among foodies of the country. The restaurant is located in the same hotel where Bukhara is located. The hospitality provided in the restaurant makes you feel like a king. So its not just about a meal its an experience that will make you coming for more.Speciality: Dal Bukhara
- Agashiye, AhmedabadThis is a jewel of a restaurant located across Sabarmati River, Ahmedabad. It is located in an attractive haveli known as ‘The House of MG’. When you visit Ahmedabad, you must visit this restaurant. The seating is indoor as well as outdoor. You will be served in Gujarati style and you will love the authentic food.Speciality: Khichdi kadi
- Khyber, MumbaiThis place has charming ambience. It has Afghani style decoration and the food is influenced by the cuisine of the North-West. In order to experience a great meal, you must visit this place located in the South Mumbai.Speciality: Achari Tikka and Keema Naan
- Malaka Spice, PuneThis list is not limited to metros only. Malaka Spice of Pune is a great destination if you love seafood. The dishes here are very authentic and delicious. There are various seating options available in the restaurant. The restaurant has a carefully curated art gallery. Alfresco seating is also available.
Speciality: Three Aunties & Three Grandmothers, Duck Dumplings
- Gulati, New DelhiYou can indulge yourself in great North Indian food by visiting this restaurant. The food here is delicious and decadent. The amount of ghee and cream in the daal and curry is heavy but they are appetising.
Speciality: Paneer Lababdar and Kakori Kebabs
- Pinch of Spice, AgraWhen you visit the city of Taj next time, you must not miss this great restaurant. Located in this small city, this restaurant is on par with its counterparts in bigger cities.
Speciality: Punjabi meat
- Tuscany Gardens, Candolim, GoaAnother surprising addition to the list is Koi from Goa. This restaurant has a relaxing environment and serves Italian food that is simple. The food served here is simple yet authentic. Enjoy the good food indoors or sit outside in alfresco. You will find delicious and flavourful food here.Speciality: Thin Crust Pizza