Summers are hot and we need something to make us feel good in hot temperatures. In this article, we have collected 10 recipes that are perfect for summers.
- KulfiKulfi is an Indian dessert which is very popular. In my childhood, I used to wait for kulfi wala, a vendor who sold kulfi. The guy carried a large earthen pot and sold kulfi going door to door.
- Mango Ice CreamEvery summer, I make this easy to prepare ice-cream. This is prepared with mangoes, cream, sugar and vanilla(optional). The markets are full of mangoes in summer season, so it is the right time to make this dessert.
- Dahi VadaDahi Vada is a popular dish in which lentil dumplings are dipped in creamy yogurt. The topping is done with sweet and spicy chutneys.
- Fruit CustardFruit custard is a great dessert. Besides fruit custard, gajar ka halwa, besan ladoo, rice kheer, rasgulla and jalebi are very popular desserts.
- Cold CoffeeMost people know how to make cold coffee. But here I am sharing a recipe that I like and is unique.
- Mango MousseMango Mousse is a very light drink. It is creamy, heavenly and has great aroma with yellow colour of mangoes.
- Eggless Banana Chocolate MousseThis is a creamy and smooth dessert. When you have unexpected guests at home and you are craving for chocolate, then this mousse would be perfect for you.
- Vanilla Ice CreamSummers are incomplete without ice cream. An ice-cream is something that we all enjoy. In this recipe, we use basic method for preparing vanilla ice cream.
- Mango Panna CottaMango Panna cotta is a smooth panna cotta prepared with mangoes.This italian dessert’s is a favorite at home. The Italian name “Panna Cotta” means “cooked cream”. It is a creamy soft pudding.
- LassiThis is another refreshing drink for summers. This is a very popular drink of North India and Punjab.
North Indian cuisine is filled with rich gravies, spicy vegetable fries, slow-cooked meat and desserts. What makes the cuisine so great is the availability of vegetables, grains, fruits and spices. In this article we have given you some of the most cooked recipes of North India. A few delicious dishes from North-India are Rogan Josh, Chole Bhature, Dal-Bati Churma and Chaat.
The North Indian food is richer when compared to other cuisines of India as there are a lots of dishes that are made in desi ghee or fresh cream. Some of the dishes take long time to prepare and involve careful steps. But when you put them in your mouth, you know that you are in for a joyride.
North Indians also love simple comfort foods like Rajma Chawal, Dal Tadka etc. Their love for dairy is evident as most traditional meals are served with paneer, lassi, chaas, kulfi and kheer.
So, here are the best recipes from North India:-
- Chole Bhature: This is a mouth watering dish that has its origins in Punjab. This dish comes with chickpeas cooked in various spices.
- Rogan Josh: Rogan Josh is the main dish of Kashmir. This is a favourite dish of meat lovers.
- Stuffed Bati: This snack, cooked in ghee, is served with dal and chutney. Bati has filling of spices and paneer.
- Rice Kheer: A perfect dessert for a filling meal, rice kheer is prepared with khoya, milk, nuts and cream.
- Chicken Dum Biryani: Chicken Dum Biryani is a popular dish. This is a tasty biryani with chicken cooked in different spices.
- Aloo Samosa: This is a perfect snack for the evening tea. It is a fried snack that is stuffed with mixture of peas and potatoes.
- Nihari Gosht: This is a popular recipe of Hyderabad. This recipe originated in Delhi.
- Butter Chicken: Butter chicken is a great combination of chicken and spices and is very moist and tender.
- Dahi Bhalla: Dahi Bhalla is a delicious treat that is prepared with yogurt and daal. These delicious bhallas are topped with sweet curd, tangy chutneys and spices.
- Malai Kulfi: Malai kulfi is best served in a matki. It is prepared with condensed milk, dry fruits and saffron.