Upma is a popular recipe of South India. It can be prepared fast and easily. No cooking experiences needed to cook this recipe. People who are new to cooking can easily prepare this dish. Different kinds of upma recipes are available. The most popular one is the one made with rava(sooji/wheat cream). But upma can be prepared with many ingredients like oats, bread, idli, oats, millets, broken rice, poha and tender jowar(hurda).
To make poha more nutritious, people add a number of vegetables like green peas, capsicum and carrots. Besides veggies, cashews and roasted peanuts can be added to it.
In this blog post, you will find many upma recipes.
- Rava UpmaThis is a traditional breakfast dish of south india. It is prepared from rava, which is also known as sooji(in hindi). Upma is best served with coconut chutney, lemon pickle or lemon slices. Here’s the recipe: http://bit.ly/2qdFVe9
- Tomato UpmaThis is a tasty and tangy recipe prepared with tomatoes and spices. The tangy tomatoes adds to the flavor of the recipes. Here’s the recipe: http://bit.ly/2puUECw
- Idli UpmaThis recipe can be made with leftover idlis. Using this recipe, you can make quick breakfast using leftover idlis. Some of the recipes that can be prepared are idli chaat, masala idli, idli fry and chilli idli. Here’s the recipe: http://bit.ly/2pIAws1
- Oats UpmaThis is an easy, delicious and healthy recipe of oats upma prepared with mixed veg and oats. Other oats recipes that you can try are oats uttapam, oats idli, oats chilla, oats dosa and oats khichdi. Here’s the recipe: http://bit.ly/2pIJQfW
- Bread UpmaThis is a quick, tasty and easy upma prepared with bread. Fresh bread slices or old bread can be used to prepare this upma. You can use any bread including brown, white, multigrain or whole wheat bread. Here’s the recipe: http://bit.ly/2pIxvIT
- Mtr Style Khara BhathThis is a delicious, soft and smooth dish. It is made of mixed vegetables. It is best served with coconut chutney and lemon wedges. It can also be a great recipe for your tiffin.
- Seviyan Upma RecipeSeviyan(Vermicelli) upma is a popular south indian recipe of upma. Seviyan are prepared from maida or wheat flour or rice flour. The seviyan made from rice flour or wheat flour are better than that of maida. Here’s the recipe: http://bit.ly/2pIhkeE
- Rice Sevai Upma RecipeThis is an easy to prepare upma recipe. It can be prepared with rice sevai or rice vermicelli. No need to add vegetables when short of time. To make the dish more healthy, you can add beans, cabbage, peas and carrot.
- Rice Rava UpmaThis recipe of upma is prepared with broken raw rice. Akki tari uppittu is another name for this dish. The meaning of akki-tari is broken rice. This dish is traditional, authentic, delicious and easy to prepare.
- Quinoa Upma RecipeThis is a very easy and quick recipe of veg quinoa upma. Quinoa is also known as a super food and is a good protein source. It is good for vegans and vegetarians alike. It is also rich in Phosphorus, Manganese and iron. Here’s the recipe: http://bit.ly/2pIJ1nJ
- Veg Seviyan Upma RecipeThis is a healthy breakfast dish prepared with rice seviyan(vermicelli), spice herbs and mix veggies. Here’s the recipe: http://bit.ly/2pIRGq4
- Microwave Upma RecipeThis upma can be prepared fast as compared to other traditional ways of cooking. Here’s the recipe: http://bit.ly/2pvhvxG