2017 has come to an end and 2018 will bring in new hopes, ambitions and expectations. The first day of New year is a great time for celebrations. This new year’s eve, if you are planning to have a get-together and have a banging new-year, then you must do so by including these delicious recipes in your party menu.
Photo Courtesy: Biting Bowl
If you want to make your celebrations sweet, you should try the jalebi.
- Murgh Malai Kebab
Photo Courtesy: Indiamarks
These Kebabs are oven friendly and marinated a night before. These boneless chicken skewers are a great way to celebrate the New Year.
- Chocolate Mousse
Photo Courtesy: Food Network
This recipe is taken from “The Really Good Food Cook Book”. This is an amazing recipe. It can be served at most dinner parties and family dinners.
- Apple Tart
Photo Courtesy: Food Network
Apple Tart is a delicious dessert recipe. It is perfect for New Year. Try this recipe at home. It will be perfect for celebrations.
- Ginger Soup
Photo Courtesy: Food Network
Soups serve as great starters and Ginger soup helps in congestion and tastes delicious.
- Chicken Dum Biryani
Photo Courtesy: Indobase
Chicken Dum Biryani is a perfect dish for New Year. Try the Indian Chicken Dum Biryani with this easy recipe.
- Chicken Samosa
Photo Courtesy: UK Frozen Food
Samosa is a very delicious street food of India. This non-vegetarian snack is prepared with chicken filled in samosa shell.
- Shahi Tukda
Photo Courtesy: Annapurnaz
This is a delicious dessert that is prepared with pieces of bread that are deep fried till golden brown. The pieces are topped with rabdi and garnished with lots of dry fruits and varq.
- Paneer Makhani
Photo Courtesy: Pinterest
This is a Punjabi recipe that is prepared in Punjabi style. It contains a lot of butter and cream. It is a perfect treat for all.
- Stuffed Mushrooms
Photo Courtesy: Simply Recipes
Stuffed mushroom is a popular recipe for New Year. Follow this easy recipe to prepare stuffed mushroom.
Lunch and dinner are our main course meals. Although, dinner can be kept light but breakfast and lunch should always be proper. In this article, I am sharing some main course recipes.
Both North Indian and South Indian recipes are included in this article.
- Chole: This is a Punjabi Chole masala recipe which is spicy, tasty and flavorful. Chole are perfect with naan, pooris, rotis and rice.
- Tiffin Sambar: This recipe of hotel style tiffin sambar goes well with medu vada, dosa and idli. There are many variations of sambar that you can try.
- Punjabi Kadhi: Kadhi Pakora is a popular recipe of North India. These are fried pakoras in a yogurt sauce that is creamy and sour. There are many variations of kadhi that are available in different regions of India.
- Paneer Makhani: Deliciously cooked cottage cheese in tomatoes and cream sauce. Light spice is added to it with little sweetness and tang.
- Chana Dal: This is a Punjabi style chana dal which is flavored with onions, spices and tomatoes. Dal is best served with rice/rotis. They are a staple food of North India.
- Kadai Mushroom: Mushrooms prepared in a spicy onion-tomato gravy. You must also try mushroom curry and Restaurant Style Kadai Mushroom.
- Gobi Masala: This is a delicious, creamy and light spicy gobi masala made in restaurant style. The same recipe can be prepared with different veggies. Some recipes similar to this include matar masala and capsicum masala. These go well with naan, rotis, tandoori rotis or rice.
- Veg Biryani in Pressure Cooker: This is a very easy recipe of veg biryani. No previous cooking of vegetables and rice are required. For an authentic dum cooked biryani, try this hyderabadi veg biryani. Some other popular recipes of rice are veg fried rice and veg pulao.
- Veg Sagu: A curry that is creamy, spicy and coconut based. It is prepared with mix veggies. This goes well with neer dosa, set dosa, parathas, pooris, chapatis etc. You must also try Kerala Style Veg Stew
- Paneer Masala: This is a delicious and rich paneer curry prepared with onion-tomato-cashew base. Some other popular paneer recipes include paneer butter masala and palak paneer.
Paneer, which is also known as cottage cheese is regularly used in the Indian cuisine. It is a very good source of calcium and protein, especially for those who are vegetarians. It is best served with a spinach or butter gravy. It is also used in the preparation of bakes, snacks, curries and desserts. Besides this, it can also be used in combination with green peas, bell pepper, mushrooms, potatoes and green peas. In this article, we have collected 10 paneer recipes that you will love to have.
- Chilli Paneer: This is an Indo-Chinese dish that is very popular in the restaurants. This is a sweet, sour and hot tasting batter of fried Indian cottage cheese that is sauteed in a chilli garlic sauce. This dish can be prepared dry as well as in the form of gravy.
- Kadai Paneer: This is a delicious and easy to prepare dish made of ground spices known as kadai masala. It is best served with rice, naan or roti.
- Matar Paneer: This is a simple curry made of paneer and green peas. Peas are usually available in the winter season and that is usually when this dish is made. Frozen peas can also be used to prepare this dish.
- Paneer Sandwich: This dish can be prepared with fresh vegetables and Indian cottage cheese that is put inside bread sandwich. It goes well with lunch or snack.
- Paneer Bread Rolls: This is a perfect snack and is loved by kids. It can also be prepared as starter or snack in parties. They can be pan fried, shallow fried or baked.
- Paneer Cutlet: Paneer cutlets are nothing but tikkis prepared with crumpled cottage cheese. These are best served as snacks or in burgers.
- Paneer Makhani: This is a very popular dish of Punjab. Indian cottage cheese is mixed with cashew tomato gravy and cream is added on top. It is best served with naan, roti or rice.
- Paneer Butter Masala: This is a little different from Paneer Makhani. It is a very popular recipe. The cottage cheese is simmered in a gravy of tomato and onion. It is a very popular recipe.
- Palak Paneer: In this recipe, the cottage cheese is added to spinach gravy. This dish can be prepared in a number of ways.
- Paneer Pulao: If you want to add protein to your regular pulao, then paneer pulao is a great combination. The cottage cheese added to this dish is rich, marinated and fried.
There are many ways in which paneer dish can be made. It can be made with gravy or dry curry. Paneer as an ingredient can be mixed with many vegetables like peas, capsicum, potatoes, mushroom and spinach.
If you want to make paneer dishes, you can buy cottage cheese from the market or you can also prepare it at home. Preparing paneer at home is cheaper and hygienic. It is better to make homemade paneer than buying the store one.
Paneer is perfect for festivals and other celebrations. We have collected a number of paneer recipes for you to try in this article. Let us see them one by one:-
- Paneer Butter Masala: These are juicy and soft cubes of cottage cheese mixed in a creamy tomato based gravy. The dish goes well with pulaos, rice and naan.Paneer Butter Masala Recipe
- Palak Paneer: This is a very popular recipe. It basically contains cheese cubes that are cooked in a spinach curry.Palak Paneer Recipe
- Kadai Paneer: This is a semi dry curry, made with cheese, capsicum, Indian spices and bell peppers.Kadai Paneer Recipe
- Matar Paneer: Matar paneer is a very popular paneer recipe among North Indians. It is frequently made at home.Matar Paneer Recipe
- Shahi Paneer: The literal meaning of shahi is royal. And this royal cottage cheese is made with dry fruits, saffron, yogurt, whole spices and cream.Shahi Paneer Recipe
- Malai Kofta: This is a perfect dish for celebrations. One can never be bored of this dish. The koftas are so tasty that they can be served as a snack during tea.Malai Kofta Recipe
- Paneer Makhani: This is a simple and easy recipe. The gravy of the makhani is prepared with ginger, pureed tomatoes, garlic, cream and red chili powder.Paneer Makhani Recipe
- Malai Paneer: This dish has a taste similar to malai paneer tikka. It can be prepared in a short span of time.Malai Paneer Recipe
- Paneer Tikka Masala: This is a very rich and heavy dish. The sauce of the dish is prepared with onion, yogurt, tomato puree and cream.Paneer Tikka Masala Recipe
- Paneer Jalfrezi: This is another easy paneer dish. You just have to slice the vegetables and make tomato puree. Vegetables like carrots, capsicum and baby corn can be added.Paneer Jalfrezi Recipe
For more interesting recipes, please visit: http://tastyfix.com/