India is full of veggies, herbs and fruits. Many of these are uniquely found in particular region or area. Therefore, there is a special drink for each region of India. For eg. In Bihar, sattu(barley flour + roasted chickpea) are consumed in summers.
In Western and South India, coconuts are available easily and thus, summer heat is easily beaten with coconut water.
Here are some summer drinks made in homes of India:-
- Nimbu Pani(Indian Lemonade): The most consumed and cheapest drink of India, Nimbu Pani is the most common drink of India. You can make it more flavorful by adding mint juice, black salt, roasted cumin powder and black salt. You can make it sweet(shikanji) or consume a salty version of it. Here’s the recipe: http://bit.ly/2p0TyNZ
- Coconut Water: Fresh Coconut water is a blessing in disguise for those whom it is easily available. It is healthiest option for beating the heat of summer. Here’s the recipe of coconut water with Mango Lassi: http://bit.ly/2p18V98
- Jaljeera: This is a spicy Indian drink that is consumed as appetiser or drink. It is very famous North Indian drink. Here’s the recipe: http://bit.ly/2p2N7H0
- Sweet Lassi: This yogurt is a famous North Indian drink. You can either make it salty or sweet. It can be flavored with rose water, saffron and cardamom powder. Some other variations of lassi include mango lassi, fruit lassi, papaya lassi, salty lassi, strawberry lassi and masala lassi. Here’s the recipe: http://bit.ly/2o3bTWM
- Buttermilk(Chaas): Buttermilk is made with the help of yogurt. It is very popular in entire India. It can be flavoured with ginger, mint, curry leaves and cumin. Oil tempering can also be done with spices and herbs. Here’s the recipe: http://bit.ly/2ovd7NH
- Rooh Afza: This is a healthy syrup scented with sweet rose. It is made of vegetables, herbs, roots and fresh fruits. It can be added to kulfi, milk, ice cream and falooda. Here’s the recipe: http://bit.ly/2ommHQB
- Aam Ka Panna: It is prepared with mangoes. It helps in keeping the body cool and preventing it from heat stroke. Raw mangoes are a great source of iron and vitamin c. Here’s the recipe: http://bit.ly/2p13XZS
- Piyush: This is a popular beverage of Maharashtra and Gujarat. It is very creamy and smooth. Piyush is similar to lassi but is thicker, creamy and sweeter. Here’s the recipe: http://bit.ly/2pp5iq7
- Thandai: This traditional drink is very popular in North India. It is prepared with dry fruits, spices and seeds. Here’s the recipe: http://bit.ly/2pp5tBN
- Sattu: This is a healthy summer drink, prepared with roasted gram flour. This roasted black chickpea flour is also known as chane ka sattu. Here’s the recipe: http://bit.ly/2omsdD7