Lunch and dinner are our main course meals. Although, dinner can be kept light but breakfast and lunch should always be proper. In this article, I am sharing some main course recipes.
Both North Indian and South Indian recipes are included in this article.
- Chole: This is a Punjabi Chole masala recipe which is spicy, tasty and flavorful. Chole are perfect with naan, pooris, rotis and rice.
- Tiffin Sambar: This recipe of hotel style tiffin sambar goes well with medu vada, dosa and idli. There are many variations of sambar that you can try.
- Punjabi Kadhi: Kadhi Pakora is a popular recipe of North India. These are fried pakoras in a yogurt sauce that is creamy and sour. There are many variations of kadhi that are available in different regions of India.
- Paneer Makhani: Deliciously cooked cottage cheese in tomatoes and cream sauce. Light spice is added to it with little sweetness and tang.
- Chana Dal: This is a Punjabi style chana dal which is flavored with onions, spices and tomatoes. Dal is best served with rice/rotis. They are a staple food of North India.
- Kadai Mushroom: Mushrooms prepared in a spicy onion-tomato gravy. You must also try mushroom curry and Restaurant Style Kadai Mushroom.
- Gobi Masala: This is a delicious, creamy and light spicy gobi masala made in restaurant style. The same recipe can be prepared with different veggies. Some recipes similar to this include matar masala and capsicum masala. These go well with naan, rotis, tandoori rotis or rice.
- Veg Biryani in Pressure Cooker: This is a very easy recipe of veg biryani. No previous cooking of vegetables and rice are required. For an authentic dum cooked biryani, try this hyderabadi veg biryani. Some other popular recipes of rice are veg fried rice and veg pulao.
- Veg Sagu: A curry that is creamy, spicy and coconut based. It is prepared with mix veggies. This goes well with neer dosa, set dosa, parathas, pooris, chapatis etc. You must also try Kerala Style Veg Stew
- Paneer Masala: This is a delicious and rich paneer curry prepared with onion-tomato-cashew base. Some other popular paneer recipes include paneer butter masala and palak paneer.
Breakfast is the most important meal of a person. But sometimes we tend to skip it due to a shortage of time. But it is better not to skip this healthy meal.
Each state of India has its unique cuisine and that is the reason why breakfast recipes vary with each state. In this post, we share with you top recipes for breakfast that are popular with readers.
Here are top 10 recipes for breakfast:-
- Rava Upma: Upma is a traditional South Indian dish that is made from rava. The other names of rava are sooji in Hindi and cream of wheat in English. Upma is normally served with lime slices, lime pickle and coconut chutney. There are many kinds of upma including oats upma, bread upma and tomato upma.
- Idli: Idli is a traditional breakfast that is prepared in every household of India. Idli is available in many variants including rava idli, poha idli, oats idli and ragi idli. Idli is normally served with sambar and chutney.
- Aloo Paratha: Aloo paratha is a popular breakfast of India. It is a whole wheat bread filled with potato stuffing. The most famous of all the paratha recipes is aloo paratha. You can also try onion paratha, paneer paratha, dhaba style aloo paratha and methi thepla. Parathas are best served with curd, pickle or butter.
- Poha: This is a popular dish for breakfast that is made with beaten or flattened rice. Its an easy, quick and healthy dish.
- Appam: Appam is a very popular dish of South India. It is very easy to make. As yeast is used, the batter should not be fermented too long. The dish is best served with coconut milk and coconut stew.
- Pongal: This is a popular breakfast of South India prepared with yellow moong and rice. There are many variations of this recipe. Many times, we also add grated coconut. You can also add chopped vegetables resulting in mix veg pongal.
- Misal Pav : This is a popular breakfast of Maharashtra made with Usal. It is topped with tomatoes, onions, farsan and lemon juice. It is served with pav.
- Veg Grilled Sandwich: This vegetable sandwich is spiced with cilantro and is perfectly grilled. Sandwiches are quick and easy to make. You can use whole wheat bread if you are conscious about health.
- Besan Cheela: This is a delicious pancake that is made with spices, herbs and gram flour. You can add grated vegetables to increase the nutrition of the dish. Try the Oats Cheela and Rava Chila recipe.