10 Great Indian Breakfast Recipes
Breakfast is the most important meal of a person. But sometimes we tend to skip it due to a shortage of time. But it is better not to skip this healthy meal.
Each state of India has its unique cuisine and that is the reason why breakfast recipes vary with each state. In this post, we share with you top recipes for breakfast that are popular with readers.
Here are the top 10 Indian breakfast recipes:-
- Rava Upma: Upma is a traditional South Indian dish that is made from rava. The other names of rava are sooji in Hindi and cream of wheat in English. Upma is normally served with lime slices, lime pickle, and coconut chutney. There are many kinds of upma including oats upma, bread upma, and tomato upma.
- Rava Dosa: This is an easy lacy dosa made of semolina, onions, rice flour, and all-purpose flour. It is a great breakfast option if the batter is already prepared. Many variations of dosas are available including oats dosa, set dosa, neer dosa and masala dosa. Dosa is normally prepared with sambar and coconut chutney. This is one of the best Indian breakfast recipes.
- Idli: Idli is a traditional breakfast that is prepared in every household of India. Idli is available in many variants including rava idli, poha idli, oats idli and ragi idli. Idli is normally served with sambar and chutney.
- Aloo Paratha: Aloo paratha is a popular breakfast in India. It is a whole wheat bread filled with potato stuffing. The most famous of all the paratha recipes is aloo paratha. You can also try onion paratha, paneer paratha, dhaba style aloo paratha, and methi thepla. Parathas are best served with curd, pickle or butter.
- Poha: This is a popular dish for breakfast that is made with beaten or flattened rice. It’s an easy, quick and healthy dish. This is one of the Healthy Indian breakfast recipes.
- Appam: Appam is a very popular dish in South India. It is very easy to make. As yeast is used, the batter should not be fermented too long. The dish is best served with coconut milk and coconut stew.
- Pongal: This is a popular breakfast of South India prepared with yellow moong and rice. There are many variations of this recipe. Many times, we also add grated coconut. You can also add chopped vegetables resulting in mix veg pongal.
- Misal Pav : This is a popular breakfast of Maharashtra made with Usal. It is topped with tomatoes, onions, farsan and lemon juice. It is served with pav.
- Veg Grilled Sandwich: This vegetable sandwich is spiced with cilantro and is perfectly grilled. Sandwiches are quick and easy to make. You can use whole wheat bread if you are conscious about health.
- Besan Cheela: This is a delicious pancake that is made with spices, herbs, and gram flour. You can add grated vegetables to increase the nutrition of the dish. Try the Oats Cheela and Rava Chila recipe.