10 Indian Cold-Drinks For Summers
Summer is at our doorsteps. And it’s the season of cold drinks. We always like branded aerated cold-drinks that are easily available in the market. But, we Indians are becoming health conscious day by day. There are substitutes available for these regular cold drinks in the form of Indian drinks. We will discuss these special drinks in this article.
- Falooda: Falooda is a beverage that is very popular in India. It is made by mixing rose syrup, psyllium, vermicelli, tapioca pearls and gelatin with water/milk.
- Jal Jeera: Jaljeera is a fresh and delightful drink for summers. It is very delicious and helps in digestion and provides relief. One of the refreshing Indian cold drinks.
- Iced Tea: When summers are at a peak, then the best drink is iced tea. For flavoring, you can use cinnamon, cardamom, nutmeg, tulsi, and nutmeg. Mango Juice, lemon, orange juice, pineapple juice can also be used for flavoring.
- Phalsa Sharbat: During scorching heat, Phalsa juice tastes great. It is very famous in UP. The size of Phalsa is half the size of jamun. It is very beneficial and the juice prepared with phalsa is delicious.
- Aam Ka Panna: Aam ka panna is one of the best drink for scorching heat. The recipe can also be made with concentrated Mango.
- Khajoor(Dates) Shake: Khajoor shake is very nutritious and delicious. The shake contains proteins, sugar, vitamins, carbohydrates, minerals and proteins. It can be made with cold milk in summers and warm milk in winters. It protects you from cough and cold.
- Gulab Sharbat: During extreme heat, Rose Sharbat can help in cooling mind and body.
- Musk Melon Milkshake: A seasonal fruit for summer, Musk melon juice is a great relief during hot weather. It may not be as popular as Mango shake but it tastes really good.
- Bel(Wood apple squash): There are different types of soft drinks available in the market but none is as good as the wood apple squash which can be made at home. If you drink it in the morning, you will not be affected by sunstroke.
- Watermelon Juice: Watermelon juice is a cooling drink for summers. It is very rich in anti-oxidants and is a good source of potassium. It is also good for diseases such as cardiovascular disease, diabetes and colon cancer.