6 Grandma’s Remedies For Common Problems
No one will contest the saying that “health is wealth”. But as we human beings are running after wealth, our health is getting neglected. With time man discovers more and more drugs and cures, diseases to seem to be keeping pace and increasing or becoming more rampant.
Allopathic drugs may give fast relief but they have a lot of side effects and are expensive. Ayurvedic and homeopathic systems of treatment claim to attack the root cause but these medicines test the patience of the patient and take much longer to cure. Appropriate diet along with correct medicinal course is the most ideal way to prevent control/treat disease. Not only can this but a suitable diet even cures a disease. Treating food deficiency diseases successfully by supplementing the right proportions of nutrients in the diet is well known. It is not breaking the news that diabetes, high blood pressure, high cholesterol, gout, and many other diseases can be managed with proper diet if given due attention at the right stage. No one can forget grandma’s simple remedies for troubles like cough, sore throat, loose motions, constipation, flatulence, nausea, and the list is endless. This system of treatment is valuable for everyone who believes in good nutrition for a healthy mind and body. The basis for treatment through diet is scientific knowledge of food ingredients and diseases, their course of action in the human gut after ingestion and art of cooking.
Time tested Grandma’s remedies for some common problems:
- Cough –
- Warm milk – 1 glass, turmeric pd – ¼ t, sugar candy (misri) – 1 t, black pepper (freshly pounded)
- Mix all ingredients and drink just before going to bed at night for 3-4 days.
- Loose Motions –
- watery buttermilk – 1 glass, methi seeds ½ t
- Swallow down methi seeds with buttermilk 4-5 times in a day
- black pepper pd – ¼ t, pure ghee – 1/2t, hot rice – 1T
- Make a small ball of all three ingredients and eat in one gulp before a meal.
- Sore throat –
- Drink tea boiled with ginger and tulsi leaves 2-3 times a day.
- Make a fine paste of Mulahthi. Apply it as paint around throat 2-3 times a day.
- Chew a plain paan with Mulahthi 2-3 times a day.
- Constipation –
- Hot milk – 1 glass, pure ghee-1/2 t.
- Mix and drink as the last thing before sleeping.
- Sciatica –
- Warm water – ½ glass, lemon juice of ½ lemon, honey 1 t.
- Mix all three ingredients and take on an empty stomach every morning.
- Mouth blisters –
- Chew a few pieces of dry coconut, allow the juice to cover blisters and spit. Repeat every 2 hours.For interesting recipes from around the world, please visit: http://tastyfix.com/