Modak Recipes for Ganesh Chaturthi
It is that time of the year when Lord Ganesha’s anniversary is celebrated. Ganesh Chaturthi will be starting on 25th August, 2017. It will end on 5th September, 2017. When you are planning to celebrate Ganesh Chaturthi, you need to prepare a lot of special dishes.
In this article, we have collected different recipes of Modak, which is a favorite dish of lord Ganesha.
- Steamed ModakSteamed Modaks, which are also known as Ukadiche Modaks are prepared in steamer pans. These are the most popular modaks, prepared during Ganesh Chaturthi. These modaks are prepared using rice flour and maida(wheat flour). They are filled with jaggery and grated coconut. Here’s the recipe: https://goo.gl/hjGmxo.
- Fried ModakThis is another kind of modak, known as patholi. These are prepared with whole wheat flour. These modaks are fried either deep or shallow. They are filled with sweet and chewy coconut filling. Their outer covering is very crispy and crunchy. Here’s the recipe: https://goo.gl/tF5t6q
- Chocolate ModakHave you ever tried Chocolate modaks? The outer covering of this Modak can be covered with chocolate powder. The filling can be done with dry fruits and coconut. Here’s the recipe: https://goo.gl/GpPpNY
- Amrit ModakAmrit modaks are Pistachio stuffed modaks that are very flavorful. Here’s the recipe: https://goo.gl/4AA6CK
- Shrikhand ModakThese are very easy to make and delicious. These modaks will be a perfect gift for Ganpati Bappa. Here’s the recipe: https://goo.gl/T8p8YL